69 Road Warrior - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 07, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

69 Road Warrior

My 69 350 Coupe. Has never been stored or restored. On the road for 38 years and running strong. I've owned it since 1987. A dependable daily driver that deserves a total restoration one of these days.

Last edited by crabby; Aug 29th, 07 at 04:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 07, 01:12 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Cool Re: 69 Road Warrior

They were built to be driven

Looks like you even have a CB in it 'Good Buddy'

Welcome to the site - I know you'll find lots of info and support from the great group of gals and guys on this site

1968 Convertible
Some trucks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V8 things - some of which float
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 07, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: 69 Road Warrior

Needs alittle Nu-Finish and a nice driver, the car is, and I'm sure you are too.
As John states: Built to be driven!

Nice K40!

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 07, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

The CB is basically to talk with truckers on the interstates. I don't attach the K40 around town. Cellphones killed the local CB community. Years ago we'd jump in our cars, tune into the local CB channel (each neighborhood in my area had its own) and give a shout. Whoever was around would reply and we'd meet up.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 07, 08:30 AM
Senior Tech
Brent

I've always wanted a flat black 1st Gen...I like it

1968 RS/SS Lemans Blue
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 07, 10:33 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Cool Re: 69 Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabby View Post
... Years ago we'd jump in our cars, tune into the local CB channel (each neighborhood in my area had its own) and give a shout. Whoever was around would reply and we'd meet up.
Hear ya there good buddy - you got that 'Square Rigger' back at ya, drop on down to 7 and we'll jaw for a meet-up
You are right, the use of cell phones now replaced them. Funny, they worked almost as good and were basicly free - oh, that's why they probably went away, no one was making any money - I get it now ...
I still own one and slide it back in the 4X4 when I take longer trips - still fun to talk to the 'Road Warriors' and get the skinny on traffic, weather, smokie & places to eat
With the number of them I've had stolen out of my vehicles over the years, I think I did buy one for just about every one in my neighborhood - they never called me though ...
I used to belong to an avid off-road club and we toured every month. Used them all the time to stay in touch and talk each other though rough spots on a trail.

Is the finish on your 69 DPLF-90 or is it one of the UV resistant top-coats?
And is that an SD70M or a 'MAC' ?

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!

Last edited by Vintage 68; Aug 29th, 07 at 10:44 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 07, 12:01 PM

nice topic name! welcome to Team Camaro..thanks for posting your Camaro looks great!!

69's all the way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode