Newbie from Northern Virginia - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 07, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Newbie from Northern Virginia

Hello All!

I have been a lurker (another user name) on the forum for a couple of years, but now that I have my dream Camaro, I felt it was time to introduce myself. I live in Manassas, VA and have been at a number of car shows lately. As a matter of fact, I will be at the UPS show tomorrow in Laurel, MD if any of you are there and want to say hi. Here's my car:

The car was built by Nick Iannotta of Midwest Classics and Customs. I found Nick thru an eBay ad last year. After speaking with him on the phone, I was convinced that he was the right person to do my car. It was obvious that he had the knowledge and skill to do the work, and I came away feeling comfortable that he was someone who was dedicated to quality and craftsmanship. My gut feelings were ultimately validated when this beautiful machine was completed in June.

I have already met a number of great people at the car shows, and I hope to meet some of you as well.

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 07, 11:56 AM
Senior Tech
Brent

Re: Newbie from Northern Virginia

Hello Jeff. There a number of beautiful 1st Gens in Northern Va and yours is certainly a great one to add to the list. Beautiful car.

See you at the local cruises and shows (what's left of them).

Brent

1968 RS/SS Lemans Blue
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 07, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome from the Beach!

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 07, 04:13 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mr. Tibbs

Send a message via AIM to ChevyThunder

Welcome Jeff . I went to a family reunion once in Big Stone Gap Virginia back in 1978 or so . I remember asking to use the rest room and they sent me outside to an outhouse. When I couldn't find the outhouse I came back in side to a bunch of my relatives having a great luagh at my expense I have to admit , it was pretty funny.... the one and only time I was in Virginia and I will never forget it !
Your car looks beautiful. and that means we need more pictures ! Again , welcome to the site .

" Burn rubber not your Soul "
Camaro,Camaro,Camaro,Camaro
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 07, 05:25 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Hey Jeff,

Your car looks sharp! When you drive west through Front Royal please give my regards to my home town.

Andrew

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member # 159
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 07, 09:09 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Welcome from the east side of DC over here in Maryland. Nice ride. Sorry I missed the UPS show today -- its always a good one -- too busy with car stuff -- new driver door hinge pins on my buddy's 75 Camaro, replaced motor mounts on my other buddy's 71 Camaro, and fixed instrument panel light problem, took shims out of starter, and re-aligned passenger side window glass on my car -- oh yea, had a couple of beers too.

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 07, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmc View Post
Hello Jeff. There a number of beautiful 1st Gens in Northern Va and yours is certainly a great one to add to the list. Beautiful car.

See you at the local cruises and shows (what's left of them).

Brent
Hi Brent - thank you. Yes, I have seen quite a few awesome 1st gen Camaros at the few shows that I have attended. There were some amazing cars in Laurel this past weekend.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 07, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyThunder View Post
Welcome Jeff . I went to a family reunion once in Big Stone Gap Virginia back in 1978 or so . I remember asking to use the rest room and they sent me outside to an outhouse. When I couldn't find the outhouse I came back in side to a bunch of my relatives having a great luagh at my expense I have to admit , it was pretty funny.... the one and only time I was in Virginia and I will never forget it !
Your car looks beautiful. and that means we need more pictures ! Again , welcome to the site .
Is Big Stone Gap around the Shenandoah area? I know I have driven thru at some point... I'll try to get some additional pics in the thread.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 07, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougP View Post
Welcome from the east side of DC over here in Maryland. Nice ride. Sorry I missed the UPS show today -- its always a good one -- too busy with car stuff -- new driver door hinge pins on my buddy's 75 Camaro, replaced motor mounts on my other buddy's 71 Camaro, and fixed instrument panel light problem, took shims out of starter, and re-aligned passenger side window glass on my car -- oh yea, had a couple of beers too.
Hey - that sounds like a great day as well! Laurel was a bit too crowded for my taste. They had people parking one per parking space. I walked down to the vendor area for a coke - when I came back, the woman in the Nova next to me had her door resting against my driver's side door. I thought my head was going to explode! 1700 cars is just too many. I'm going to stick to the smaller (and safer) shows...
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 07, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X33D80 View Post
Hey Jeff,

Your car looks sharp! When you drive west through Front Royal please give my regards to my home town.

Andrew
Hi Andrew - I'll be heading out to Winchester in a few weeks for another show. I'll wave at Front Royal as I drive past.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 07, 11:51 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mr. Tibbs

Send a message via AIM to ChevyThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69BlackBeauty View Post
Is Big Stone Gap around the Shenandoah area? I know I have driven thru at some point... I'll try to get some additional pics in the thread.
I have no idea Jeff. I was in Sophmore in High School (30 years ago) at the time and I was actually in Lexington , Kentucky because I had been invited to a basketball camp at UK . My mom called me and asked if I could meet her at the reunion. I remember going to the airport and my flight was on a prop plane !! I was like, " what the heck , I'm not getting on that thing"! It was beautiful country though .

" Burn rubber not your Soul "
Camaro,Camaro,Camaro,Camaro
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 07, 06:01 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Quote:
Hey - that sounds like a great day as well! Laurel was a bit too crowded for my taste. They had people parking one per parking space. I walked down to the vendor area for a coke - when I came back, the woman in the Nova next to me had her door resting against my driver's side door. I thought my head was going to explode! 1700 cars is just too many. I'm going to stick to the smaller (and safer) shows...
Yea -- my buddies that were there said the show is getting too crowded. Some of the guys got there at 7:30 AM just to get a parking space in the lower lot. Hope the idiot with the Nova didn't hurt your door.

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 07, 03:55 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
jimmy

Welcome Jeff, from just around the beltway. I didn't make to UPS, I was helping the guy who sold me my Camaro hang drywall on his basement ceiling before he moves. But crowded, you should know about that-- living in Northern Virginia. By the way, great looking car !!
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 07, 04:16 PM
Tech Team
Bill

Quote:
Hi Andrew - I'll be heading out to Winchester in a few weeks for another show. I'll wave at Front Royal as I drive past.
beautiful car. glad that you're enjoying it. i think that the weekly car cruise in manassas is still going strong, right? i lived in herndon until about 6 years ago, and enjoyed the cruise up to that point.

northern virginia is an awesome place to own a classic car, as there are cruises and shows all over the place.

the "mid-atlantic camaro club" was/is a fairly active camaro club in fairfax, va.

what is the upcoming show in winchester in a few weeks??

thanks

bill

Bill

1969 Camaro RS Convertible, 350/700R4, front disc brakes,8.5 10 bolt rear w/ 3.73 posi
1999 Camaro Z28 m6 345K miles
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 07, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett#2390 View Post
Welcome from the Beach!
Thanks! I actually lived in Va Beach from basically birth until I went away to college. Had IT jobs paid well 20 years ago in that area, I would have stayed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode