Looking For Bob Jackson - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 08, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Looking For Bob Jackson

Hello everyone,
I need some help locating Bob Jackson from Beverly Massachusetts. Bob was working on my 1969 Camaro, starting in 2001. I was going into the restoration knowing it was going to take some time, potentially a few years. Bob ran into some difficulty with his personal life and took time off from working on my car here and there, but I stayed with him. Then he closed his shop and took my car home to finish it. He then disappeared along with my car. Anyone having any information on him would be greatly appreciated. Apparently he has a sister in Florida, so he may have gone off to there. I thought he was my friend, as I bent over backwards to accommodate his schedule in working on my car. Hopefully I can find him soon or I guess I will be forced to go to the police. Looks like Iíve been taken for a ride.

Here was his information:

Bob Jackson

Bob's Restoration Shop
126 Park Street
Beverly, MA 01915
978-927-4253.
Beverly, MA
[email protected]
cell 978-335-8467

Again any help in finding Bob Jackson from Beverly, MA, and my 1969 Camaro, would be GREATLY appreciated.

1969 Camaro, base model, last I saw it the exterior paint was Dusk Blue.
VIN 123379N540663: Dash board tag & Title
124379N681356 (Cowl Tag : 12437181356 + 500,000)

Cowl Tag
ST 69 1 2 4 37 NOR 181356 BDY
TR 715 51 51
11C (no # code)

Not original engine:
block casting no. 3970010
Assembly code V0724TDB
Partial VIN C8S219693
Casting Date G88

Thank you,

Hank Recor
Westwood, MA
[email protected]
Cell 617-449-8334
Home 781-461-1812
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 08, 06:20 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468
Re: Looking For Bob Jackson

What about Bob.

PRO.ST69orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 08, 07:25 PM
Senior Tech
Frank

Sounds like Grand Theft to me. Seems the authorities may want to talk to him.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 08, 08:16 PM
Senior Tech

Yeah, I am thinking that law enforcement has to be involved, and/or a private investigator.

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 08, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Update. I went and filed a report with the police. The officer, after running the information, said it looks like there are several other reports from other folks he skipped out on. Hopefully with the information from us all the police will be able to track him down.
I went by Bob's old garge and a neighboring shop owner said the current tenant of Bob's garage knows Bob well. I went and talked to him and the guy said he hasn't heard from Bob in a long time. He said he would call me if he heard anything. Who knows.

I have been thinking of going to a lawyer, and I like your thinking about a PI.

Thanks for the support.

Hank
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 08, 06:52 AM
Senior Tech

I'm not really sure how pursuing a theft like this works (some of the law enforcement/legal professional folks that frequent Team Camaro would), but my guess is that the current occupant of the shop that "knows Bob well" would know a heck of a lot more if under subpoena.

For giggles I googled that shop address, and about three different shop names came up...

Like I said, we have both law enforcement and legal professionals who are also Camaro nuts here. Maybe you could start a thread with the title "Need a Law Enforcement and/or Legal Perspective, Please" and re-explain or link to this thread. My gut feel is that until the individual and/or the car is located, legal representation is a waste of money.

I assume you had no insurance coverage on the car, or you'd have looked at that already.

Eric
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 08, 04:17 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Did he have it long enough for a shop lean and you didn't notice it in the local papers.I think this only takes about a month if I remember correctly. Lets just hope not.

PRO.ST69orange

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 08, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

I got my car back today!

The Beverly Police really came through for me. They were able to track Bob down through his mother who still lives nearby and applied pressure of having the car listed as a stolen vehicle. So Bob calls me, from the same phone number I've been leaving messages for him for ages, though he never called back until it was in his best interest, and says he could probably finish up the work he was doing for me in about six months. I said no thanks, just give me my car back.

So I got my car back and now it's time to get in the garage and get to work. Thanks to all those here who offered their support.

Thank Beverly PD!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 08, 11:38 AM
Senior Tech

Wow, a (mostly) happy ending! Much better than the alternatives! Congratulations!

Eric
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 08, 11:42 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Thats good to hear, congrats!

Team Camaro Gold Member #14

1967 Camaro RS/z28 - one of 602 made - SOLD

1969 Camaro RS/SS L48 4 speed
1974 Camaro LT-Z/28 4 speed 33K orig miles
1979 Camaro Z/28 36K orig miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS 25K orig mi bought new by me.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 08, 11:55 AM
Tech Team
David

Congrats on getting your car back, I was getting nervous for you!!! I am sure it helped a ton having all that info and numbers for your car!! Good advice for everyone to write down that info if you havent already!

1969 Camaro. BBC. TH400. 12 bolt. Original steel. Original interior.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 08, 11:57 AM
Senior Tech
Patrick

I bet that was a huge relief......What kind of condition was it in ?

P. Boggs
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 08, 12:01 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rene

Happy ending, Congrats

68 rs 350
M-20 4-speed
10 bolt 8.5 3.23

TC #24
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 08, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

It is in good shape. I seem to have all the parts, though I'm still looking through everything. The hood is covered with rust, but just surface, and there are a few other parts in a similar way, but all very easily fixable. I'm excited to get back to work on the car.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 08, 01:08 PM
Senior Tech
Michael

Talking Re: Looking For Bob Jackson

Congrats, that is great!

I hope anyone else in your area saw this post, this guy needs to be avoided completely!

Mike

Currently Camaroless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode