newbie from texas - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 08, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
rolo

newbie from texas

New to the site as a member but have been reading this forum for a while. Have a 69 camaro that has been a project for the past 4 years. The main hold up was body shop nitemares. Now that I have it back can't find time to work on it. I am currenty repairing a bad frame up project that my buddy has. Guy just gave didn't care anymore during reassembly. Will post pics later. Now that i have found motivation to start on my project I know I will find tons of great information on this site. Thanks and here are a few pics of the car.
First paint job (only last 2 days)

then painter decided he want to split the paint and fill the antenna hole!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 08, 07:17 PM
Senior Tech
David

Re: newbie from texas

Rolo,
Welcome to Team Camaro.You will discover that this site contains a wealth of knowledge.Members here will gladly answer any questions that you might have.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 08, 05:02 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Welcome aboard and good luck with your project

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 08, 07:41 AM
Senior Tech
Larry

Hello and welcome to the site.

(LARRY)

1969 CAMARO SS 502ci - 600hp

post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 08, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
rolo

thanks gus for the welcomes.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 08, 12:48 PM
Senior Tech
Matt

welcome nice project
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 08, 01:43 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Welcome, Looks like you will be getting some attention with this one looks good, is all the air brush work done by you.

PRO.ST69orange

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 08, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
rolo

The paint & airbrush work was done by a very talented painter here in Dallas, tx. All the flames where done without stencils. He is about to complete a 68 convertable with alot of custom art work. I will post some pics of it as soon as its done. Trying to finish a friends 69 camaro so I can start on mine again.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 08, 02:31 PM

Welcome Rolo. It's always nice to see more Texans around... I'm just north of the DFW airport. Looks like a nice project! I agree with the painter... the split color scheme was a good idea. Who was it that did the paint? Some day in the near future I'm going to need to think about some paint work, so I'm on the look-out for good local talent to consider.

~Bob
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 08, 08:55 AM
Al

Welcome to the site. I am also in the DFW area - McKinney, and have a friend with a 67 in Allen.
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 08, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
rolo

the split color is taking some time to get use to it. I guess I would have liked to see what it would have looked like completed with the first paint job. I have always told him I trust him and to do what he wanted and this is what I got. He is located near fair park and is a 1 man team. I will post some pics of his work as soon as I can sit down and upload them.
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old May 29th, 09, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
rolo

Project "Foolish" 69 Camaro

Its been a long time since I posted any updates to the car but here are some now. It sat for about a year but now we are rocking and rolling so far...While the car was back at the paint shop for some repairs that we missed the first time I decided to go ahead and pull the subframe and powdercoat it....

While the subframe was at the powdercoaters I went ahead and had the 383 stroker freshened up and decided to go with a 700r4 trans instead since the track was out of the question now...

I didn't want just any old intake and water pump like every other small block so I asked the painter what could he do to them to make them a little different

Last edited by platniumta; May 29th, 09 at 04:54 PM.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old May 29th, 09, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
rolo

I have all the new front suspension parts consisting of hotchkis springs swaybar and steering linkages. Also have qa1 shocks and speedtech tubular control arms uppers and lowers. I also went ahead got a dse fast ratio gear box. Getting the suspension kits was a headache in it self.This car has been a headache from the start. Setbacks after setbacks. It was a nightmare at the paint shops and I mean shops (a story for another day). I have a complete wilwood front and rear disc kit ordered that also am having the same issue as the suspension kit (can't get it sent to me on time). Now I just can't get any parts shipped to me in a timely matter. I am wondering if I am paying in the wrong currency or what. As soon as I start putting parts on the subframe I will post some new pictures. I guess its time to get to work!!!
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old May 31st, 09, 07:47 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

Welcome to team camaro, sounds like a nice project!!
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 09, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
rolo

Re: newbie from texas -Project "Foolish" 69 Camaro

Well I got the motor on the subframe and the upper and lower control arms on the subframe. Got to finish tightening up a few bolts and install the tierods and the front should be done. I installed the hotchkis springs without the lower isolators but decided to go ahead and put the isolators in. It just seemed like the lower part of the spring would start to make noise and shift around in the spring pocket. What do yall think about the isolators???

Will get a few better pictures tomorrow evening when I clean up the garage a bit more. Dang I just realized the car has been sitting for a year without me doing any work to it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode