Hi from pete in the UK - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 08, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
peter

Hi from pete in the UK

Hello to everyone.
I have a 69 coupe , which that has taken 3 years to rebuild.
I would like to thank everyone at team camaro for the invaluble help i found the site to be, The tech forum has so much great info .
Hopefully i can contribute some posts if i can get the hang of this computer , iam good with spanners not keyboards.Well this has taken 20 minutes to type ,my kids take the piss cause i can only type with one finger.And these smilie things what are they for .
Oh ye i have put one too many H,s in my username how do i change it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 08, 03:33 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

Re: Hi from pete in the UK

Hi Peter. Thanks for being a part of TC. I just fixed your username.
Those smilies? they help to convey the mood of what you are typing
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 08, 04:28 PM
Senior Tech
Larry

Hello and welcome to the site don't worry about spelling as i can't spell either.

(LARRY)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1969 CAMARO SS 502ci - 600hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 08, 08:20 PM
Team Member
Tony

Garage
Cool Re: Hi from pete in the UK

Hello Peter
Welcome to Team Camaro!
I'm on year 4 of my '68 rebuild, and she's almost legal.

Post some pics or links to your car, we'd love to see the progress on your 69.
Share your story, where did you find her, etc..
(..have your kids type, while you dictate.)

1968 Z/28 Convertible
1969 RS/SS Coupe (vinyl top & Sunroof)
2011 RS/SS Convertible
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 08, 05:00 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Welcome Pete, I am on year 2 1/2 in the build of my 69 Pro-Street.Is your car complete cant wait to see some pictures.By the way spellings not a problem here either just watch your s's and your c's because I'm not sure what your kids are taking...lol... it all comes out in the wash.....

PRO.ST69orange

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 08, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
peter

Thanks Al for fixing my name,and for the welcome.
You all seem like a good bunch of guys and the site has a great help .
Iam sure i will get the hang of things.
Pete.

life, dont talk to me about life.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 08, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by david calligan View Post
Welcome Pete, I am on year 2 1/2 in the build of my 69 Pro-Street.Is your car complete cant wait to see some pictures.By the way spellings not a problem here either just watch your s's and your c's because I'm not sure what your kids are taking...lol... it all comes out in the wash.....
Hi Dave about" taking the piss ",its just a phrase like "yanking your chain" or "pulling your leg" .The kids laugh because i type with one finger, whereas the little smart arses can use both hands,but there we cant be good at everything.
Trust me when you get to drive your car on the road you will have the biggest smile ever.
Pete
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 08, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Hello Peter
Welcome to Team Camaro!
I'm on year 4 of my '68 rebuild, and she's almost legal.

Post some pics or links to your car, we'd love to see the progress on your 69.
Share your story, where did you find her, etc..
(..have your kids type, while you dictate.)
Hi there
Keep pluggin away and you,ll get it done ,its worth the wait.
I will put some pictures on when i can find the time,and i give a bit of history as well.
I would get the kids to type but its difficult enough to get them the computer as it is .
Pete.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 08, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox View Post
Hello and welcome to the site don't worry about spelling as i can't spell either.
I should have paid more attention at school , but i never got on with English teachers.Thanks for the welcome.
Pete.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 08, 01:05 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Don't worry about typing with only 1 finger. I only use 1 from each hand but I've been doing it for 30 years so I've sorta gotten good at it. Still can't type faster that 30 wpm though.

Welcome to the site.

BTW, how did you happen upon a 69 Camaro over in the UK? Was it shipped over or built there?

67 Camaro: 454/TH400/4.10 12 bolt. Lots of options: PS/PDB/PW, tilt, tach, gauges and more. K-K + 797-Z...

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy" - Sir Ernest Benn
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 08, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWindows View Post
Don't worry about typing with only 1 finger. I only use 1 from each hand but I've been doing it for 30 years so I've sorta gotten good at it. Still can't type faster that 30 wpm though.

Welcome to the site.

BTW, how did you happen upon a 69 Camaro over in the UK? Was it shipped over or built there?
Hi Jim.
A friend of mine had the camaro in his lock up in a stripped out state with most of it in boxes . He sold it to me as he had just got a 50,s GMC pick up and couldnt keep both.Its registered here as pre 1972 so i assume it was brought over here when new or nearly new.There are several US airbases near where i live and quite a few cars find there way here after being sold by the base personnel.I dont think its been used on the road for about 10 years , i love it, theres nothing like a V8 .There about 10 yank cars in my town , a mix of pick ups ,muscle cars and older 40,s coupes plus some drag racers . Its surprising where these cars turn up.
I will post some picture soon.
Pete.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 08, 03:34 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaphead65 View Post
Hi Dave about" taking the piss ",its just a phrase like "yanking your chain" or "pulling your leg" .The kids laugh because i type with one finger, whereas the little smart arses can use both hands,but there we cant be good at everything.
Trust me when you get to drive your car on the road you will have the biggest smile ever.
Pete
I didn't know this was a phrase I thought you were trying to spell pics like post some pics not piss,my badd I guess my hi skool dint teech me mush eater...lol...I fell a sleep in typing every day and wish I would have stayed awake

PRO.ST69orange

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode