Hey everyone! Just getting started...need help - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Feb 29th, 08, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Hey everyone! Just getting started...need help

Hey, everyone. My name is Ray. I'm 23 years old. I finally saved up enough money to buy my dream car... a 1969 Camaro. I actually owned one way back when (my first car). I had to work at a dumpy furniture store, for 7 months, and eat burgers off of the Mcdonald's dollar menu to afford it though. I loved that car, but turns out it wasn't exactly a good first car...might have been the lack of money i had to fix it...or the lack of a rear window, reliable tires, ect. ect.

Well i had to sell the Camaro. Now i've grown up a bit, got a good job (cartoonist) and saved up a little cash again. I was google searching for Camaros for sell, and happened upon this site. Turns out to be the best thing i have found in weeks of searching. You all seem to be very knowledgeable. I have somewhere around 22,000 to spend and just need help finding something that is worth that. I am still pretty new to the car buying and would really appreciate you alls help with what i should do. Im looking for a nice restored weekend driver, i would like a RS, or really a SS if i could afford it....but a really nice standard coupe would be good too. Thank you VERY much in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Feb 29th, 08, 10:47 AM
Senior Tech
David

Re: Hey everyone! Just getting started...need help

Hello Ray and welcome to Team Camaro. I read in your post that you are a cartoonist,that's cool. Post a cartoon or two preferably Camaro related so we can see your work.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Feb 29th, 08, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

I will post something on here... I havent really much done any cars or the like. I mainly do cartoons characters for educational purposes.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Feb 29th, 08, 06:55 PM
Senior Tech

Sounds like ya got "Camaro Fever" real bad, but that's a good thing!

Prices have really gone up on the Cam's esp the RS/SS series. These ones in good shape will prob be beyond that $ range that you mentioned, but a coupe is still within reach. Just ask what a great paint job goes for today and it will give you an idea of costs today.

Keep in touch with some Camaro clubs as they often know of a guy who's selling or moving up. Even check out the "Auto Trader" north of the border and you might chance on one. Good luck on your quest... just take your time.

capt
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 08, 03:53 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Welcome Max,You must of ate allot of $1 burgers to save 22K is the cartoonist biz this demanding? I went to art school in the 80s and my dad told I'd never make it as an artist so I followed him and became a Plumber guess I should have stayed with the pastels because I cant save a penny. Good luck in you quest for a Camaro check the Pro- Touring posts for a Pro-Street car, the PT guys say you can buy a PS for $.25 on a dollar. Maybe you can get a $88,000 PS for $22,000 thats if you like Pro-Street check mine out I have about 60K in it you could probably get something like it for 15K...lol... But any good luck...........Dave

PRO.ST69orange

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 08, 05:42 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Hey Max, heres one for you....Looks like about $.60 on a dollar....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:B:SS:US:1123

PRO.ST69orange

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 08, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Hey, Thanks for the help. I would say the cartoonist biz isnt in all that big of demand. I really got lucky with my situation... i suppose. Im working with the Hamilton County Department of Education right now. Being with the county the bosses always like to throw big money around so, i get a fair share. I've been there almost 2 years so thats why i can afford a decent 69' now ..... oh and i still live with mom

wow the deals on a pro street are nice...very nice actually. But i want something that i cruise around town on the weekends.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 08, 08:16 AM
Senior Tech
Joe

Find the most complete/finished car you can with what you have to spend, its not cheap to fix these cars up so let a previous owner eat the expence of repairs/panel replacement....

'67' RS

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 08, 09:33 AM
Senior Tech
Matt

Send a message via AIM to Blade

Welcome.

You can cruise around town in a prostreet. Its depends on the set up how much gas u will burn, and thats in all cars.

Got to give the PEOPLE what they want!

Look....if you wanna be the best then you gotta take out the best!

1967 Prostreet Camaro
BB 431 650hp
400 Turbo Trans
Ford 9" 4:56 gears

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 08, 12:22 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: Hey everyone! Just getting started...need help

Welcome to team camaro!!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 08, 12:40 PM
Senior Tech
Larry

Hello and welcome.

(LARRY)

1969 CAMARO SS 502ci - 600hp

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 08, 02:22 PM
Senior Tech
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by geterdone View Post
Find the most complete/finished car you can with what you have to spend, its not cheap to fix these cars up so let a previous owner eat the expence of repairs/panel replacement....
I'll echo that too. Paint & body work are big bucks to do, even doing it yourself-kinda.
Just might have to compromise on the color, not too big a deal really, My color/interior combo grew on me, ya never know...I got lucky...

Tons of info on here, I learned so much doing research here on this site and on the Camaro research group for important info. Here: http://www.camaros.org/index.shtml

Welcome! Enjoy!

Post up some of your artwork!

- John
Misfit tortured soul. Lone wolf. Unicorn.
'67 V8 Camaro - 12637, 797-Z (Parchment), M-M (Royal Plum), 2M, 3K, 5Y
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 08, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

Here are a few characters and a background that i am working on animating right now. They're for a psychology course that we are doing online. Kinda interesting stuff really....psychology that is.

For some reason the pictures wont show up.

Last edited by thefrisbee; Mar 3rd, 08 at 10:59 AM. Reason: missing pictures
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 08, 04:01 PM
Senior Tech
John

I like the professor w/the green plaid vest. Cool looking.

Ya, psych stuff can really get the 'ol noodle thinking can't it?

- John
Misfit tortured soul. Lone wolf. Unicorn.
'67 V8 Camaro - 12637, 797-Z (Parchment), M-M (Royal Plum), 2M, 3K, 5Y
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 08, 01:51 PM
Michael

Send a message via AIM to wecrosscreek

Wow! About to buy a Camaro, live in TN, and a Cartoonist to boot!
Those three things score really big in my book! Doodle a little myself.

Your work looks great!
Got a deviantArt account or anything so I can see more?

"I may climb perhaps to no great heights, but I will climb alone."-Cyrano De Bergerac

Last edited by wecrosscreek; Mar 6th, 08 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Horrid spelling... simply horrid!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode