Carb Probs - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 08, 03:40 AM Thread Starter

Carb Probs

Hi from australia first time on here .im Pete i own a 69 SS 454 . ihave just fitted Performer RPM heads .Crower power beast 3 cam ,Rpm air gap manifold and MSD pro billet pick up dissy with blaster coil and 6A Booster ,im tryn to sort out jeting on my 750 Vac secoundry Primary is fine ,have put a meterring block in the secoundrys and have gone up several sizes now at 82 jets but still layn over about 3/700 rpm any idea how big i have to go would be appreciated as i want to sort this out a bit b4 Dyno time ,Regards Pete .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 08, 07:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Re: Carb Probs

Howdy Pete, Welcome to TC. Sounds like you are going in right direction on jets, the time on the dyno may serve well getting carb dialed in to your elevation etc, you may be increasing air bleeds too. I think that normally a bbc in my area begins with 80/82 in front and 88's or so in rear. Do you have a rear Pv? My first guess is a #65 Power valve , depending on your cam profile. Need to check you fuel pressure and volume too. Depending on your application, a larger carb may be in order, Can someone lend you one to try out. I hear there are some kool cars in that area.

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 08, 07:47 PM

Re: Carb Probs

pete, jets ain't the probem , your fuel supply is not good. start at the tank and check it all out. u need a pretty big fuel flow. tell us about your tank,fuel line, pump, filter. i think you may need to go back down on the jets to get your plugs brown, if they are black you are way off. normally u never go more than 4 numbers up or down , u may have white plugs now and need more fuel, but your engine wont lay down at 3700 rpm from lean jetting. your using fuel out of the carb faster than its coming in. going to chassis dyno?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode