EBAY issue. Help!! - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 08, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

EBAY issue. Help!!

I went to look at a car several hours from my home and occured expenses in doing so. Here's the deal: At this time I'm looking only at cars with power steering. After spending time and money, I found out the car didn't have it. Now the car isn't on Ebay anymore and I can't figure out how to contact EBAY to see the ad again. (communicating with them requires an "Item number" which I didn't jot down. The seller told me the ad didn't have "PS" in it... he may be correct. but that is one of the first things I look at. I know I'd never get my expense money back but I'd like to notify EBAY if the guy is misleading people. thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 08, 08:42 AM
Senior Tech
Paul

Re: EBAY issue. Help!!

Communicating with EBAY is like trying to communicate with a dead person, I doubt he's trying to mislead anyone about powersteering, probably a honest mistake on the listers part.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 08, 08:44 AM
Senior Tech
Bryan

Mark,

You can do a search on completed listings. Use the "Advanced Search" link, and go from there. As far as getting your expenses paid back - never going to happen.

BTW - why limit yourself to Power Steering cars - you can add it yourself, and doing it by a 3rd gen box would be the only way to go!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 08, 09:01 AM

The 2 of you hit the nail on the head. Just what I was thinking on both of your accounts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 08, 10:22 AM
Senior Tech
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiemark View Post
I went to look at a car several hours from my home and occured expenses in doing so. Here's the deal: At this time I'm looking only at cars with power steering. After spending time and money, I found out the car didn't have it. Now the car isn't on Ebay anymore and I can't figure out how to contact EBAY to see the ad again. (communicating with them requires an "Item number" which I didn't jot down. The seller told me the ad didn't have "PS" in it... he may be correct. but that is one of the first things I look at. I know I'd never get my expense money back but I'd like to notify EBAY if the guy is misleading people. thanks
Sounds like you are trying to get the seller to reimburse you expenses to go see a car that didn't work for you?

Good luck with that. We all have stories about going to see a car that was less than what we thought it was, that is why the number one recommendation to buying cars on ebay is a hands on inspection. Imagine if you had bought it and found out when it rolled off the truck into your driveway.

Sometimes the seller overstates the car, and sometimes the potential buyer is temporarly blinded by what seems like a good deal and forgets to ask the right questions.
Consider your experience a lesson well learned.

I once agreed to buy a Toyota 4Runner over the phone and showed up with the money in hand. When I went for the test drive, I couldn't find the second stick for the transfer case, because it was only a two wheel drive! I never asked the seller if it was four wheel drive, like every other one I had looked at (most early 4Runner's were 4WD).
I had to admit to the seller I made a mistake, and apologize for not completeing the deal.
You can be sure I asked every seller after that, "how's the 4WD work?"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 08, 10:24 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Thats why it is important to go look at cars in person before you buy it.

Team Camaro Gold Member #14

1967 Camaro RS/z28 - one of 602 made - SOLD

1969 Camaro RS/SS L48 4 speed
1974 Camaro LT-Z/28 4 speed 33K orig miles
1979 Camaro Z/28 36K orig miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS 25K orig mi bought new by me.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 08, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

NOT AT ALL... It was my mistake, I've lookd at the ad again and it didn't say it had power-steering, case closed. I just assumed it did. won't do that again. (now if I could just get him to return the $150 sunglasses I left in the back seat! maybe he's planning on tossing it in to whoever buys the car.

|
|
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 08, 08:03 AM
Senior Tech
Dan

don't let a lack of PS scare you off a car... it's an easy upgrade and can always be put back to stock for originality.

62 Corvette (Stock Restoration)
68 RS/SS Camaro, LS7/T56
68 RS Convertible project LS3/480/4L70
2006 Corvette Z06
2011 Corvette GS Convertible
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 08, 10:31 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jerome

Hi Mark ,I agree with speedy above me ,no big deal ,you or a shop can do ,look at them all get the best car for your $$$$$ Happy Motoring

1972 Nova SS , 350, Auto, AC, Survivor

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 08, 12:14 PM
Senior Tech
Filip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Thats why it is important to go look at cars in person before you buy it.
Unfortunately us individuals with a passion for American vehicles that live on the other side of the world have no option but to buy sight unseen in a lot of cases. I have bought 3 vehicles and number 4 on the water now from ebay. We look at buying of reputable dealers with a good track record. (lots and lots of questions and hundreds of photos) So far all has worked out. It is a nervous time when I open the container for the first time bit like a kid at Xmas.
As stated waiting for my latest addition 68 RS/SS with Electric windows and Cruise control
[IMG][/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode