Hello Camaro Buffs - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 08, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Hello Camaro Buffs

Just got registered and don't know if I am in the right place. New to this thing called internet. I am a Camaro owner since '78. I still own my high school hotrod. '68 SS 396. Has been mothballed for the last 15 years and I am now pulling it out to get her back on the road. Looking for a forum to help with all the questions I will be having on the restore. I thank you all in advance for your insite and possible advice on my true love. She is straight as an arrow but I want to do some upgrades to a few areas. Namely---Front end suspension, brakes, and underhood appearance. Looking forward to chatting with all you other Camaro heads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 08, 03:20 PM
Senior Tech

Re: Hello Camaro Buffs

Wow... 15 years in time suspension...glad to hear that your "true love" is back in your life.

If you treat her right she will be faithful to ya.

Welcome to TC.

capt
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 08, 03:23 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Welcome to Team Camaro -- there's a lot of good information that memebers are more than willing to share, so ask away and good luck with your project

==Doug
Former
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
owner
Former
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 08, 03:26 PM
DK
Gold Lifetime Member
Dan

Welcome,and congratulations on your gem!!!
It must be nice to rediscover it after so much time!!!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 08, 03:28 PM
Senior Tech
John Stone

Welcome aboard ! There is a ton of knowledge here.

Had my 67 tucked away for about 8 or 9 years.

Would hate to pay the bucks people are paying for these cars now.
You were smart hanging on to her.

John
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 08, 03:40 PM
Senior Tech
Larry

Hello and welcome to the site.

(LARRY)

1969 CAMARO SS 502ci - 600hp

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 08, 04:03 PM
Team Member
MaryBeth

Welcome!

MaryBeth's 67 moneypit
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 08, 04:14 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Harley

Send a message via Yahoo to wiskeesour

Welcome aboard!

Another Camaro Saved

AE2(AW) Harley Moody, USNavy
"Master-at-Arms" for the CDWJB!!
November 26th, 2008 was my last day to serve my country as a member of the World's Greatest Navy.
Thanks Chief.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 08, 01:42 AM
Tech Team
shane

Your at the right place. Sit back and learn whatever you need too. I have and still are.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 08, 06:36 AM
Senior Tech
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGlazier View Post
Just got registered and don't know if I am in the right place. New to this thing called internet. I am a Camaro owner since '78. I still own my high school hotrod. '68 SS 396. Has been mothballed for the last 15 years and I am now pulling it out to get her back on the road. Looking for a forum to help with all the questions I will be having on the restore. I thank you all in advance for your insite and possible advice on my true love. She is straight as an arrow but I want to do some upgrades to a few areas. Namely---Front end suspension, brakes, and underhood appearance. Looking forward to chatting with all you other Camaro heads.
Nice, welcome!
What kind of shape is she in?
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 08, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Thank you fella's for your responses. Looking forward to your guys help and knowledge. One of the first things I am looking for is front end suspension. With the research I have done I have found some sites with the upgraded polyurethane bushings and such. Before I go to ordering from one of the sites does anyone have a suggestion for me to look at first? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks again, Dennis.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 08, 03:18 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

Dont tease us, lets see some pics

'67' RS

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 08, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

OK a little history on her---- Have owned her since '78. Was a daily driver till '85. Drag raced for another 5 to 6 years--- ya know Sunday out at the park. Best time---13.02 in the 1/4 mi. 108 mph. At that point I got interested in Harley's and my soon to be wife. My son came along and my Camaro took a further backseat. Was put in the garage and mothballed till recently. My son now is 15 and wants to know what a real American Muscle car is all about. The body is clean and straight. Interior is near perfect--- I always took exceptional care of her before the mothballing. Always in a garage out of the elements. Does need a paint job. Will redo the color I got her in--- Not original color but I fell in love with it. Pure virgin white with the dark blue racing stripes. Aqua interior. I do promise pictures as I progress. Ya allenjoy your Bowtie day, Dennis.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 08, 05:30 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Welcome,My son is 13 and loves every minute we work on my 69 him and my older brother are helping me with the exhaust. Almost ready to hit the road for the first time since I bought it in 1984.I just started the build about three years ago.How interested is your son in the car mine cant Wait we are doing the Cruzin show at OC Md. in May we are both siked to go my wife is kinda too but could take it or leave it.Heres a pic of mine looking forward to seeing your progress good luck..

PRO.ST69orange

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 08, 05:36 PM
Senior Tech
David

Welcome to Team Camaro.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode