Team Camaro Tech banner

Add me to the list

997 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  jr68 
#1 ·
Hello from the Air Capitol. My name is Richard and I bought my 67 RS convertable in 1980 when I was in Florida. For a few years I tried to keep it original as possible but since it is my daily driver I decided to try and make it more efficient by putting in a TH700R4, and just recently transplanting a fresh built TBI 350 into it (I never had the original engine). I am trying to make it look like the factory did it had they had this engine and FI package when the car was built. I am still breaking in the engine but it runs very smooth.
I also have a 69 coupe that my Father owned since 1974. It is currently getting a massive body rebuild due to lots of body rot. Before I stripped it down, I put in a TPI 305 from an 86 IROC Z (Dad sold the original 327 somewhere about 1975). Also a very smooth runner when it was on the road. I don't race them, I like them as the drivers they are- that's just my style. Lots of research was done before lifting the hoods, but there is always more to learn- and knowledge to pass along.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.