Hello fellow Camaro lovers - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 08, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
David

Hello fellow Camaro lovers

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a long time lurker here and have learned much about Camaros here. I'm finally starting on our family project (1968 British green 327/210 PG) that I picked up four years ago from a guy that needed money to buy his son a four wheeler for his birthday. We have three young daughters so progress will be slow but we'll enjoy the journey. I owned a '69 in 1980 and owned and raced a '70 SS/RS after that. I'll post some pictures when I get a little time to figure out how to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 08, 04:33 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Re: Hello fellow Camaro lovers

Congrats and good luck with your project

==Doug
Former
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
owner
Former
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 08, 07:36 PM
Team Member
Jerry R.

I know what you're talking about David.
While my kids were little ( and one still is ) the work went painfully slow , money was hard to find. But there is a happy ending my car is 99.9 % done and the family loves cruising in it.
This will be a good time for you to fix little things that you can sneak in. Slow progress is better than no progress.
Were all here for you.

my Magnaflow X-pipe system sound clip, click the link

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 08, 07:48 PM
Senior Tech
Larry

Hello and welcome to the site.

(LARRY)

1969 CAMARO SS 502ci - 600hp

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 08, 08:52 PM
Senior Tech

Looks like ya caught the Cam Fever years ago, and is still with you...nice to have you on board.

With three up and coming daughters, that just means two more Cams to go, eh?

capt
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 08, 10:31 PM
Senior Tech
John

Welcome David. I dont know how small them girls are but if at all possible get them in on the project as well. Give them small things they can handle, if its wrenching you do the hard part by loosening a bolt and let her finish it. That gets the female side of the house to buy in on the project and gives you good times spent with the kidletts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old May 5th, 08, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
David

Thanks guys for the kind welcome. Sorry I did not respond sooner (remember three young daughters). Sounds like alot of you guys have been there too. Thanks again .
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old May 5th, 08, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr68 View Post
I know what you're talking about David.
While my kids were little ( and one still is ) the work went painfully slow , money was hard to find. But there is a happy ending my car is 99.9 % done and the family loves cruising in it.
This will be a good time for you to fix little things that you can sneak in. Slow progress is better than no progress.
Were all here for you.
Thanks Jerry,
You are right about it being a great time to work on small projects. While the girls play outside I have been able to restore some subassemblies such as the steering column, distributor, wiper motor/pump, and many others. Hope you and your family get to enjoy alot of time together with your Camaro this summer.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old May 5th, 08, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcanuck68 View Post
Looks like ya caught the Cam Fever years ago, and is still with you...nice to have you on board.

With three up and coming daughters, that just means two more Cams to go, eh?

capt
Exactly Ted, thats what I told my wife. It would'nt be fair to only have one camaro to hand down with three girls.

Dave
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old May 5th, 08, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkbrau View Post
Welcome David. I dont know how small them girls are but if at all possible get them in on the project as well. Give them small things they can handle, if its wrenching you do the hard part by loosening a bolt and let her finish it. That gets the female side of the house to buy in on the project and gives you good times spent with the kidletts.
The girls are 3 & 4 John and they already love to help dad with the Camaro. When I took the front sheetmetal off one of the girls drew an X on the side of the lower outside cowl area with her sidewalk chalk, when my next door neighbor who is also into early Camaros saw it he got excited thinking it was some kind of factory marking. Pretty funny stuff.

Dave
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old May 5th, 08, 08:29 PM
Senior Tech
Lane

Hello David,
Welcome to a GREAT site and Great folks!!
I to have a 1968 Camaro. RS/SS 350 Coupe.
Like you, a work in progress.
I look forward to your pictures!!

Lane 68
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode