Time to resurrect the camaro - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old May 13th, 08, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Ken

Time to resurrect the camaro

Well, after 15+ years its time to resurrect the camaro. I have been busy raising kids, and last year ou 4 year old died after a 10 month fight with brain cancer. I learned that life is too short, so I am starting to work on my car again.

Mine is a 67 SS-RS 350 camaro, tahoe turqoise, turquoise deluxe interior with console guages and manual tranmission. I bought it when I was 15 back in 83 and we restored it before I got my license. I drove it through High school and college, raced it and it was an awesome car. Then it went into storage as I went abroad for study.

When I got home after a year and a half I discovered it had been ravaged by mice or rats. Everything on the enterior was destroyed. It has been "under reconstruction" since 94-95, taking a back seat to life and family.

I washed it out Saturday and cataloged the parts, and made an order today.

My goal is to get it where it will move under its own power this summer.

67 SS-RS 350 Tahoe Turquoise, deluxe interior, 2nd owner since 1984.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old May 13th, 08, 02:05 PM
Senior Tech

Re: Time to resurrect the camaro

Welcome to Team Camaro Ken! This is the best first gen site on the web.

I can certainly emphasize with the lull kids can cause in the "project", and I am sorry for your loss. Every time I read something like that, it makes me hug my kids a little tighter and say a little prayer for all kids and all parents everywhere.

Good luck with reviving the Camaro!

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old May 13th, 08, 02:24 PM
Senior Tech
kirk

Welcome Ken. Very sorry for your loss, I joined in Feb and spend about 4 hours a week on TC Good luck and God Bless

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old May 13th, 08, 02:40 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Harley

Send a message via Yahoo to wiskeesour

Ken! I am happy you are getting back into the swing of things considering your loss. You have our condolences. My wife and I were pregnant until about 2 weeks ago. She was 6weeks along and we also lost our baby due to miscarriage. We need some pics of that car ASAP!
I sincerely hope you can attain your goal!!!

Guys, Another Camaro Saved!!!

AE2(AW) Harley Moody, USNavy
"Master-at-Arms" for the CDWJB!!
November 26th, 2008 was my last day to serve my country as a member of the World's Greatest Navy.
Thanks Chief.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old May 13th, 08, 03:12 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Welcome Ken.... Sorry to here about your loss R.I.P.... It goes to show us that life is to short and to live it to the fullest (day by day)...You will receive great information on Team Camaro..Which means that car will be on the road in no time, these guys are very quick with technical question... Good luck & take lots of pictures..

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old May 13th, 08, 04:26 PM

Sorry for your loss Ken. Maybe the car should be a little dedication to your son. Good luck with the project. You came to the right place.

Dave
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old May 13th, 08, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Ken

here is a poor photo from 1987 or so

with a friends car

current status

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old May 14th, 08, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Sorry for the loss of a young child. It is good therapy to take on a project, relieves the mind.

Nice pictures, nice car. Good luck.
Will you be keeping an expense record?
Some here do not, I don't. I don't want to be shocked.
Album of the travels?

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old May 14th, 08, 03:35 AM
Senior Tech
bernie

Sorry for your loss Ken. Life is to short and four is to young. All the power to you for moving on and what a great therapy. I lost my brother last year and also decided life is tooo short. Hence a 67 ss on the way and two motorbikes in the drive. Enjoy and the best to your family.
Bernie
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old May 14th, 08, 03:47 AM
Senior Tech
Brent

Welcome and best of luck on the Camaro. TC is a great resource for help as you go.

Brent

1968 RS/SS Lemans Blue
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old May 14th, 08, 06:19 AM
Team Member
Christropher

Hey Ken. Welcome to TC. Let me know if you need any help.

Christropher

...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old May 15th, 08, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Ken

Began dusting off the parts bin yesterday. And it occured to me there are more parts off then on the car. As a matter of fact there isnt much on the car at all

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old May 15th, 08, 06:16 AM
Senior Tech
Mike

Very sorry for your loss, You're on the right track for therapy. My time building my projects got me through some very dark times in my life. Better days ahead to you.

My 67 convert build in progress:

1967 RS Convertible, 350/TH350
1964 Corvette Coupe 327-Muncie 4 speed
1951 Ford F-1 Pickup project

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old May 15th, 08, 06:23 AM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenavery View Post
Began dusting off the parts bin yesterday. And it occured to me there are more parts off then on the car. As a matter of fact there isnt much on the car at all
At least you took it apart, right??

I bought my 69 in about the same condition, and have to wade through a pickup load of parts someone else had taken off. To make things even more fun, the guy also had a Mustang project, so random parts from that car were mixed in with mine...

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old May 15th, 08, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Kammerer View Post
At least you took it apart, right??

I bought my 69 in about the same condition, and have to wade through a pickup load of parts someone else had taken off. To make things even more fun, the guy also had a Mustang project, so random parts from that car were mixed in with mine...
Ouch, that would make it rough

Basically the car is back on 4 wheels, rear end was rebuilt, rear springs were resprung and installed, new rear brakes, refinished the fuel tank and installed, the bottom of the car cleaned and coated with POR-15, subframe completely stripped and repainted, front suspensiaon as well, cal-tracs installed, engine rebuilt . all of this was work done in the past 5 years, bit by bit.

However I may change direction. My kids want me to paint it yellow in honor of julian my other son.

That is going to be alot of work to go from turquoise to yellow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode