Project Julian's Camaro - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 08, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Ken

Project Julian's Camaro

Well some decisions have been made here that I would have never accepted before.

I have decided to change the color of my car.

Our son Julian died in January after fighting a brain tumor for 10 months. He was 4 when he died, and would have been 5 on May 12th.

Julian's favorite color was yellow, and he always wantd to ride in my car, even though it was not yet running.

I have a 67 SS/RS 350 that is Tahoe turquoise and turquoise interior.

We are getting back to working on the car finally, and my other boys feel the car should be yellow for julian.

Also, I am thinking once complete we can make this the "fight pediatric cancer" camaro, and tour around and visit childrens hospitals with it.

We are looking for the right yellow, Butternut is out. and the turquoise interior will have to go as well.

As a result i am going to have to sell the new seat covers and carpet. I will be posting soon for that.

We are considering blue interior, black is out for texas.

Today I pulled the front shet metal and removed all emblems and trim, and will be sending it all to the media blaster this week.

The engine is coming back out as well and then the body will prepped for the blaster as well.

If anyone has any good yellows let me know.

67 SS-RS 350 Tahoe Turquoise, deluxe interior, 2nd owner since 1984.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old May 25th, 08, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Ken

Re: Project Julian's Camaro

Today I pulled the engine back out and am setting it up on the stand. Subframe is ready to come off for a quick touch-up.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old May 25th, 08, 10:35 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

Send a message via AIM to Camaro69RagTop

Have you thought about white interior? It really stays cool in the summer. It is kind of hard to keep clean but when it is it really stands out. Just a thought.

You cant win an argument with an ignorant person.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old May 26th, 08, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro69RagTop View Post
Have you thought about white interior? It really stays cool in the summer. It is kind of hard to keep clean but when it is it really stands out. Just a thought.

Thats a good idea, I had been afraid of white for that reason but I may have to consider it.

Black - too hot here
Turquoise - easy - already that color, but wow what a mix
white - my kids are still all under 11

im thinking blue or a custom interior

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old May 30th, 08, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Ken

Tonight I pulled more off the car. It is almost ready to go to the soda blaster. I have chosen this route as a good friend of my father who has a shop nearby where he does high-end restorations, suggested I do this. He knows a very good shop that will do it properly, and he is going to help me be sure it is prpped and cleaned properly for paint.So I have three piles of parts, one to the blaster, one engine, and the other is parts waiting to be rebuilt. Its looking like a chop shop here

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old May 31st, 08, 01:00 AM
Senior Tech

a worth cause to be sure!

Ill see if i can scrounge up some yellows for you.

I think you can do the white with some protective sealants.

I know you have kids but they are not eating mcdonalds in the backs eat daily are they?

i think a darker tan would be nice as well?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old May 31st, 08, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967maro View Post
a worth cause to be sure!

Ill see if i can scrounge up some yellows for you.

I think you can do the white with some protective sealants.

I know you have kids but they are not eating mcdonalds in the backs eat daily are they?

i think a darker tan would be nice as well?
LOL, no they dont, well they wouldnt in this car, the minivan or durango sometimes.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old May 31st, 08, 06:59 AM
Senior Tech

What kind of yellow are you looking for, something blindingly, eye-popping, yellow, or just not milky yellow like Butternut?

Daytona Yellow used on the 69s is pretty yellow. The Velocity Yellow used on the new Vette is very yellow.

I just want to throw something else out there. There are plenty of yellow 1st gens on there, so painting it yellow doesn't necessarily mean it will stand out. And I assume the car means something to you as well, because it was a part of you for so long. So...

What about redoing it the Tahoe Turquoise with a Velocity Yellow bumblebee stripe, and maybe some other yellow accents? One of our members (moderator DJD) did a modified blackout surrounding his taillights that looks like a BB blackout at first glance, but is smaller and slicker. I could see a similar accent in yellow on a turq background really grabbing the eye. I just think it would be more special that a whole yellow car.

Changing the entire car to yellow is such a big change, and if you don't really like yellow, it makes it hard to like the car. Couple that with the circumstances, and I personally would not want to drive the car as much.

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old May 31st, 08, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Kammerer View Post
What about redoing it the Tahoe Turquoise with a Velocity Yellow bumblebee stripe, and maybe some other yellow accents? One of our members (moderator DJD) did a modified blackout surrounding his taillights that looks like a BB blackout at first glance, but is smaller and slicker. I could see a similar accent in yellow on a turq background really grabbing the eye. I just think it would be more special that a whole yellow car.
Eric, thank you. I like Daytona yellow, it looks right. I like your idea but I may reverse it. I may do daytona yellow on the body with original tahoe turquoise bumblebee stripe. further I may even do the rear panel in turquoise too. even though its not a BB car. it would work and show the original color.

i did a quick and dirty photoshop of it, i didnt finish filling in the car. (If this is your car, please forgive me for shopping it)

Heres a pic of julian and his little brother william in june 2007

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode