Newb To 1st Gen. Scene - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 08, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

Newb To 1st Gen. Scene

A good amount of knowledge with the 4th gen. camaro but soon to be picking up a 1st gen. and build her up with an LS1/T56 swap. Located in the bay area of Northern Cali. Still trying to figure out what body style I want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 08, 12:36 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Harley

Send a message via Yahoo to wiskeesour
Re: Newb To 1st Gen. Scene

68. No doubt. If you get a 67 the wing windows might hurt you. They are pretty deadly on those 67's.
A 68 because 69's, everyone and their grandma has one and dont want a 67 cause we dont want you getting hurt.

AE2(AW) Harley Moody, USNavy
"Master-at-Arms" for the CDWJB!!
November 26th, 2008 was my last day to serve my country as a member of the World's Greatest Navy.
Thanks Chief.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 08, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

ya although i do like the body style of a '69 the best and could always remove the wings on the '67

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 08, 01:43 PM
Senior Tech
David

Welcome to Team Camaro and good luck with whatever body style you choose. At least it will be the 1st Gen. body style.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 08, 06:16 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Welcome to the site and good luck with your project

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 08, 05:45 PM
Senior Tech

I don't mean to start a range war...but Harley has the right take on this...go with the middle "kid".

capt

Bumper sticker- I'm not SPEEDING
I'm QUALIFYING!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 08, 06:42 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcanuck68 View Post
I don't mean to start a range war...but Harley has the right take on this...go with the middle "kid".

capt
Yeah, no one likes a range war Capt but did ever consider what the 5th Gen Camaro was is being developed after?

Plus read this article..

http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive...ro-concept.php

Quote "The 1969 Camaro, considered by many to be the best first-generation design, was a significant inspiration."

Honestly, good luck on any First Gen you choose....

Z282NV

1969 Camaro
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 08, 08:34 PM
Senior Tech
Harley D

Welcome to the site, and glade to see your looking at a first gen. Now as far as which 1st gen to get is another story. Don't mind Joe or Harley, Harley's always afraid of poking an eye out or chipping a nail you know how girls can be. And well Joe still believes everything he reads no matter what idiot wrote it. I mean after all GM has been trying to improve on perfection since the beginning.
67's RULE
PS-I'm just kidding guys. Harley started it.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss
We learn life's important lessons in kindergarten.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
1/[email protected]

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 08, 08:41 AM
Senior Tech
Jon

Send a message via AIM to Rodder Send a message via Yahoo to Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z282NV View Post
Quote "The 1969 Camaro, considered by many to be the best first-generation design, was a significant inspiration."

Honestly, good luck on any First Gen you choose....
There's was a quote from Ed Welburn in Motor Trend about two years ago saying that his favorite thing about the 5th gen prototype was the square guages down on the console like a "1967". The people bringing you the 5th gen don't know the differences between 67/68/69, and they don't know a dang thing about usability of driver controls and instrumentation.

68's still rule though (even if their gauges suck).

- LS1, T56, Hooker longtubes, Autokraft pan & mounts, GM LS7 clutch, Borla ProXS, Moser/Strange/Wilwood 9", Covans dash, UltraLite IIs, Procar Elites, Vintage Air GEN-IV, AGR 12:1 steering, Addco swaybars, Hydratech hydroboost
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 08, 10:18 AM
Senior Tech
Mike B

Well its seems like your getting a first class welcome to the site ! Why choose ,just buy as many of all three years as you can afford. I just love them all.

pssst I even like the birds

Mike B
69 RS Z28 X33
69 SS (badged) X11
68 Jane in pieces
68 RS/SS BB major project
69 firebird 400 project (Currently under construction ) Pics below
Still wingless.

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 08, 05:48 AM
Senior Tech

OK, Rr, here's what ya do. And I don't think this has been done before? Buy a '67... square out the wheels wheels, install the '69 grill and gills, put in the '68 side signal lights and stagger the rear shocks... and there you have it... the best of all three years!

Little tongue in cheek here, guys!

capt

I'm QUALIFYING!
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 08, 08:33 AM
Senior Tech
Harley D

I don't know Ted I can agree with starting with the 67 rs and changing to the 69 rs grill. While you at it you may as well add the cowl hood and whale tail. And absolutely on the multi leafs and staggered shocks, but why would you ever want to add cheesy side marker lights to the clean body lines of a 67.
Kinda reminds me of Johnny Cash's "One Piece at a Time" song.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss
We learn life's important lessons in kindergarten.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
1/[email protected]

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 08, 02:14 PM
Senior Tech

Harley, does "tongue in cheek" ring a bell? Just pulling chains!

It's been a great day up here... wonder how "Keypilot" is doing now... down in paradise?

capt

I'm QUALIFYING!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 08, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb302rs View Post
Well its seems like your getting a first class welcome to the site ! Why choose ,just buy as many of all three years as you can afford. I just love them all.

pssst I even like the birds
if i had the $$$ i would... although in a sense of all the generations

...but the '69 is just to irresistable... if im gonna be doing a project for a car that's gonna be with me for a lifetime i would like to start out with what i want
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 08, 07:02 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

69's are the best either way you flip um...

PRO.ST69orange

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode