Dream come true - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 08, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Dream come true

Hi Everyone!

It's my 40th birthday in 12 days and my husband brought home a 68 - what a great guy!! I have always wanted a Camaro and of course it had to be a '68 - that seems to be a pretty good year! HA!!

We are new to the classic car world as well as internet forums so this is going to be a fun and educational ride.

Our car has been restored but has been sitting in the trees for the last 5 years so there are some things that need to be addressed and we are hoping that Team Camaro we help us along the way.

The car has a 400 small block with a 350 transmission and a Holly Projection 2D. We have a problem with fuel leaking into the trunk but I believe I will leave the Welcome forum and got to a more techincal forum for this post.

We look forward to entering the brotherhood of Camaro owners - if it's anything like our motorcylce brotherhood we are in excellent company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 08, 07:06 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Re: Dream come true

Congratulations on your new ride and Happy early Birthday

Welcome to Team Camaro. We need pictures

So your a Leo my Birthday is Aug 3..

Skip

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 08, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Hey Skip

Thanks for the reply and Happy Early Birthday to you too! I would love to post a picture but I can't figure out how. I might spend all day in front of a computer but not to savy when it comes to things like this.

BYW - the Orange Crush is incredible!!

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 08, 08:12 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Congrats, happy birthday and welcome to Team Camaro --- you can upload pictures to photobucket.com and link to them from message post on this site --- I believe there are directions on this site on how to post pictures --- when you get if figured out, lets see some pics

==Doug
Former
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 08, 09:10 PM
Senior Tech
Sam

Congrats, and Happy Birthday.

Sam
Northern, UT
'68 Camaro
'56 210 2dr HT Chevy
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 08, 09:51 PM
Senior Tech

Welcome to the crew, Linette...and happy birthday to ya!

But, no...you do not have a "pretty good year"... you have the best year of Cam, eh?

And, yes you are married to a great guy with super taste for cars.

capt

Bumper sticker- I'm not SPEEDING
I'm QUALIFYING!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 08, 11:00 PM
Senior Tech
Nick

Welcome & congrats on the the new toy.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 08, 05:24 AM
Senior Tech
kirk

Welcome to the folks in Kearney, Hey john my B-day was 6-18 every year and i want a 69 for my next project so i will be waiting.HAHA Welcome and good luck on the gas in the trunk? you know it could be all the dairy farms out that a way?

Kirk
67' Camaro Convertible, 454, 540 HP, 400 turbo, 2800 stall, 12 bolt 411 posi

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 08, 05:42 AM
Kevin

Welcome from another Leo! Mine is 10 days away My birthday present is sending my 327 car back into the body shop for final paint! I cannot wait to see the orange again!!

Kevin

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 08, 05:50 AM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Welcome to the site and happy early B-day.
The Camaro looks great,enjoy

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 08, 05:53 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS

Welcome and congratulations on the new toy. Happy B-day! We need to change this to an all Leo post. Skip and I share the same birthday. (8-3) Last year for my birthday I went to the Fred Gibb car Show in Le Harpe Il (home of the 69 ZL1's)

Jeff
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 08, 06:22 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Buck

Talking Re: Dream come true

Happy Birthday...

Thr only way it could have been better is to have some Wing Windows...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netrs 68 View Post
Hi Everyone!

It's my 40th birthday in 12 days and my husband brought home a 68 - what a great guy!! I have always wanted a Camaro and of course it had to be a '68 - that seems to be a pretty good year! HA!!

(far superior to the Pontiac Phoenix)

The Internet. It doesn't make you stupid. It just makes your stupidity more accessible to others.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 08, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Happy Birthday and Welcome to the Club, Linette & family.

Don't fall for what others tell you, you have received the best year, thank the hubby for us, he's a keeper it sounds like.

Now, if others persist you should have gotten a '67, help them ease their anxiety, tell them you have a '67 with a rare RPO WWD, and their condition will improve instantenously. (Wing Window Delete, comes with side markers, split tailights, and rectangle front parking lights)

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 08, 07:13 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow69RS View Post
Welcome and congratulations on the new toy. Happy B-day! We need to change this to an all Leo post. Skip and I share the same birthday. (8-3) Last year for my birthday I went to the Fred Gibb car Show in Le Harpe Il (home of the 69 ZL1's)

Jeff
Happy Birthday Aug 3... Brother Ill be 42yrs old, 3 years older then my 69 Camaro.

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 08, 11:06 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mark

welcome to the site. (my youngest boy will be 1 on 8/10) another Leo

Don't stop now!!!

67 camaro driver
383 10:1
Horsepower:
515 @ 5,500 rpm
Torque:
499 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode