New here, from the Netherlands - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 09, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

New here, from the Netherlands

Hello all!

I am new here, my name is Daan and i am from the Netherlands. About 10 years ago I drove an 68 camaro and i never forgot that awesome moment! I always wanted to own and work on a camaro. Now 10 years later i think i am ready to take the plunge... I am looking for a 68 RS camaro, not an restoration project car, but a runner which needs some work. My plan is to buy one in the states and import it to the Netherlands.
I just found this for example: http://www.autorevolution.com/dealer...fby=dealersite

looks "ok", but needs work, like the interior etc. Looks like there is a beam welded in the trunk??? and the back of the engine compartment does not seem to be in good shape.

what do you guys think? would it be "smart" to buy online and see what shows up in the Netherlands?

ok going to read up some more on this forum!

Daan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 09, 05:08 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Re: New here, from the Netherlands

Welcome Daan!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 09, 05:04 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Welcome to Team Camaro,Daan with two A's.I do this on my cell phone to get my girls of choice to line up in front on the alphabet.Hey back to the car looks nice but I would keep looking right now is the time to buy and I think you will find a more apealing car than this.If it needs paint and interior you may spend another 10K to get it complete...jmo...Good luck in finding your dream car though...

PRO.ST69orange

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 09, 07:39 AM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Welcome to the site Daan. I would stay away from that one. It looks like the firewall is in really bad shape and appears to have been wrecked. Notice the fire wall on the trim plate side is bent and wrinkled. It was an A/C car at one time and that side of the firwall shows some rust. That beam might be supporting more rust and or body damage.

Look around here a little and get some opinions. I am sure asome of the guys and gals here will look at something for you when you find the right the Camaro!!

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 09, 10:24 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

Welcome to team camaro!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 09, 11:11 AM
Senior Tech

Welcome to the TC site, Daan.

I think that I would have a trusted buyer, with a long track record, with lots of references do the leg work for you... before you sign on any dotted line.

capt

Bumper sticker- I'm not SPEEDING
I'm QUALIFYING!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 09, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome to the Club, Daan.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 09, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome guys! And you are right. I will look further and forget about the camaro above.. I just need to be patient... which is hard! haha
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 09, 09:24 PM
Senior Tech
JAY

welcome Daan
look in arizona, calif for rust free cars. but even then its hard to find
prefect cars... it takes time and don't be rushed into anything

jay
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 09, 11:27 PM
Senior Tech
John

Daan der Niederlander.

Welcome. Where you at in Holland ? I'm a little south of you.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 09, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

I live in the east of the Netherlands, close to Zutphen.

By the way all, can somebody recommend any books, guides, manuals regarding the 1st gen camaros? So i can start reading up and get more familiar with all the features.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 09, 03:13 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Reproductions of factory service manuals and assembly manuals/CD's would be a good place to start.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 09, 06:54 AM
Senior Tech
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchdude View Post
I live in the east of the Netherlands, close to Zutphen.

By the way all, can somebody recommend any books, guides, manuals regarding the 1st gen camaros? So i can start reading up and get more familiar with all the features.
Daan, the reading on this web site is free: www.camaros.org If you read everything there about 1st Gens then you will be way ahead when you do go out looking for one. Once you get one, then buy the books such as assembly manual and maintenace manuals.

Good luck. If i make it up to Zutpen i'll shoot you a PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode