Newbee - Beginning 67 RS Resto - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 09, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Dave

Newbee - Beginning 67 RS Resto

First post, but been lurking for a while just absorbing everyone's experience. I look forward to comments and guidedance along the way.

After 10 years of storage at the in-laws, we finally brought the camaro home to begin a restoration.

Hopefully I won't bore too many of you, but kind of a cool story with the car. My father in-law bought the car for my wife when she was 16 and they did a mechanical restoration and put fresh paint job on it. They did put a lot new sheet metal on it, but only what they could afford at the time. The guy they purchased the car off of was the original owner, and I actually spoke with him a couple of weeks ago. Neat to hear of what dealer the car was bought from and what it looked like rolling off the lot.

The car is a 67 RS and was orignally a 4-speed car with a 327. It was nantucket blue with a black vinyl top. They removed the vinyl top and painted the car black which is what it is today.

Started the disassembly and have it pretty stripped down already, but not in a big hurry and just enjoying the process. Final plan is somewhat of a moving target, but I have time. I will start a thread and post some pictures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 09, 08:04 PM
Senior Tech
jim

Garage
Re: Newbee - Beginning 67 RS Resto

How could we get bored when talking Camaro! Take your time taking it apart, bag and tag everything. Welcome aboard
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 09, 04:00 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

Re: Newbee - Beginning 67 RS Resto

Welcome to team camaro!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode