HI new 69 camaro ss clone - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 09, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Chris

HI new 69 camaro ss clone

Hello everyone been lurking around for awhile and figured why not join already. Well this was my first car but it when I was 15 about 8 years ago for two grand. Its just a base coupe with a 307 and th350 trans but deluxe interior and hounds tooth seats. Well heres a few pics since everybody loves pics!!!!
Just messing around in the alley.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 09, 01:51 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Re: HI new 69 camaro ss clone

Welcome to Team Camaro. Nice car...........

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 09, 03:31 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Welcome,

For $2,000 you got a great deal. Nice ride.

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 09, 08:00 PM

Hey Chris,
Welcome to the club, nice lookn ride. We have a group of south side guys that meet regularly and will be getting together at turtle head lake on 135th and harlem in palos at 3 on sunday. Feel free to join us.
Mike
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 09, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter55 View Post
Welcome,

For $2,000 you got a great deal. Nice ride.
Thanks I thought I got ripped off till I noticed how the prices started sky rocketing on them!!!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 09, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by khouse 69 x-11 View Post
Hey Chris,
Welcome to the club, nice lookn ride. We have a group of south side guys that meet regularly and will be getting together at turtle head lake on 135th and harlem in palos at 3 on sunday. Feel free to join us.
Mike
That would be great if the trans didn't decided to give out. I'm in the middle of a auto to 4 speed swap so I got the car on ramps. I broke down around there on 141th and la grange once like 4 4th gen Camaros and a Firebird came out of now where and helped me out it was something out of a movie lol
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 09, 04:50 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Very nice,car like the color.I wondering why the trans broke wre you testing it in the alley.

PRO.ST69orange

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 09, 05:36 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Welcome to Team Camaro - I like the action photos

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 09, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Street69Camaro468 View Post
Very nice,car like the color.I wondering why the trans broke wre you testing it in the alley.
Thanks but nothing compared to your orange 69 that thing looks MEAN!!!

HA no I was driving back from the bank and I guess I had no oil pressure in the trans cause it just started to make a loud thuddddering type sound and I barely made it home.Now it just won't move and the oil level is fine. I have a m21 muncie laying around so I figured about time I do that swap. I want to have the muncie and a 383 in it by next summer.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 05:28 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Awesome car Bro!! I love the color scheme!!!

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 10:11 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
kevin

welcome to team camaro..looks like a very cool ride...show us what you have done with it...
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 12, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Chris

Woah forgot I posted this so long ago for what it's worth heres a little update I completed the Muncie swap and just picked up a 383 today for a steal!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 12, 11:41 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Very nice. Love the action shot. Was your car auto on the tree or console. I am going to do a 4 speed conversion soon. Just curious how the swap went and if there is any advise you have. I am covering from a column shift to M-20 on the floor.

Grandma, 69.5, Z/28 Finally Done! Well almost...

My Build Thread

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 12, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Chris

It was a tree shift. The swap was pretty simple just did a lot of reading on this forum and help from the members. I forgot which thread just search Muncie swap and they break it down to a tee every part you need to do the swap and how to swap it. It was a pretty straight forward swap other then getting the input shaft all the way in it was a PITA!!! I kept checking with my alignment tool and it was fine I kept playing with it till it finally went in. Oh and check your rear gearing I thought I had 3.07's gear so I went with a m20 but it turns out I have 2.73's so I burn up my clutch a lot in first gear to get going. I'm in the process of building my rear end now 3.31 posi.
good luck with the swap if there's any way I can help ask away i'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 12, 02:21 AM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: HI new 69 camaro ss clone

Welcome to team camaro!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode