Hi I'm Jason and I addicted to Camaros... - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 09, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
JP

Hi I'm Jason and I addicted to Camaros...

Just like thousands of other members here.

Just a quick rundown. I bought the car in November 1987 when I was in 11th grade from a Cleveland, OH sports announcer for his asking price of $250. Which at the time I felt was over priced. It was a running and driving 68' with a 327 (275hp), factory air (it worked), glide trans and deluxe interior.

I drove it through the winter and in the spring I pulled the 327 because of a wiped out cam. I dropped in a 400 and drove it for the summer. The car had half quarters screwed over top of the factory ones and the seams were mudded in. I decided in September 1988 that it was time to pull it apart for my first frame up.

Immediately I sandblasted the tub and frame. I rebuilt the frame and primed the tub. Like the credit card commercial says "life comes at you fast" and before I knew it 4 years had past. I was getting married and had a son. Then more family and work matters took all of my attention. 8 more years came and went and I that I did to the Camaro was move it to clean the garage every spring.

During that time my wife delivered a beautiful baby girl and we bought our new home in a good school system.

Fast forward to May 2009. The original 327 done. Trans done. Body work begun. August 31st 2009 body done and car painted. Thursday September 10th vinyl top installed.

Now I'm heading out in the garage to run brake lines to my new booster and master cylinder. Tomorrow will bring the install of motor and trans.

It feels like I'm finally waking from a dream.

Hope I didn't bore anyone with this drivel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 09, 03:35 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Re: Hi I'm Jason and I addicted to Camaros...

Great story, JP. Like you, I had Camaros in my teens and now finally getting the chance to play with them again. Welcome aboard!

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 09, 04:55 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

JP, congrats on everything so far.... We know the love affair with our cars is never ending...as you well know ...Need to post up some pics of before and after

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 09, 04:57 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

With all the time past how old are your grand children are they going to be able to drive it.As you can see I am a little lost here. You were I guess about 17 when you got it how old are you now and how many years have you been with the 68.When do you think you will have it on the road post some pics of your progress....

PRO.ST69orange

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 09, 06:09 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

Great story JP, I am sure there are a lot of people here that did not pay $250 for their first Camaro....a few pictures of your car would be nice, we all like pictures..

Z282NV

1969 Camaro
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 09, 04:09 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

There's help for addicts!! Welcome!!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 09, 06:02 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

We like the "drivel" you mention -- its never boring talking about Camaros. Welcome to the site.

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 09, 07:06 AM
James

That was a nice buy, $250 bucks for a running 68. I'd like to see some after-work pictures, sounds like you've done some nice work to it.

'89 Camaro RS 2.8 V6, Light Blue
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 09, 08:24 AM
Senior Tech
Patrick

Very cool story man and congrats on all the success. Post up pics of the progress so far, we love that too!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 09, 09:52 AM
Senior Tech
Dayton

Hi Jason,
I'm Dayton and I'm a Camaro-holic

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 09, 12:40 PM
Senior Tech
Mike B

Hi Jason, glad your here .The story sounds very familiar.

Addicted......Who is addicted ? Its not me.....I do not have a camaro problem !!! Just ask anyone !!!!

Mike B
69 RS Z28 X33
69 SS (badged) X11
68 Jane in pieces
68 RS/SS BB major project
69 firebird 400 project (Currently under construction ) Pics below
Still wingless.

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 09, 12:53 PM
Senior Tech

welcome jason, i think im a bigger addict than you my cars are daily drivers and i hate every other make car etc other than camaro...i cant tell you how areboic i have been in my cars of the years with woman too many some id close my eyes real tight and wonder how the heck i could have done anything with that woman, than there the 1 i married lol take care ..

it about helping others
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 10, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
JP

Finally some updates and thanks for all of the warm welcomes. I can't believe almost 9 months has passed since I posted!

I posted some of my pics from our first summer together to as current as a few months back. When I got the car it was Butternut yellow with a black vinyl top and white custom deluxe interior. I did the poor man's Starsky and Hutch around June of 1988.

There are also a few more pics in my album on this website or you can check out everything I'm into through my photobucket http://s490.photobucket.com/albums/r...maro/?start=20

I'm finishing up a Jeep Wrangler build for a paying customer that will help cover the cost of my new evaporator core and lines. Thought about the block off, but hey if I waited 22 years now whats a few more months to do it correctly.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 10, 12:21 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: Hi I'm Jason and I addicted to Camaros...

Congrats!! My first car when i was 16 was a 69 camaro and although not the same one ive had one ever since. 31 years and counting!!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 10, 12:31 PM
Team Member
Jerry R.

OK dont panic.
you did the right thing by coming here to admit you have a problem.
and you're right there are thousands here like you
they are waiting on a cure but so far we haven't come up with one
so you may as well get comfortable.

my Magnaflow X-pipe system sound clip, click the link

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode