New in NJ - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Garage
New in NJ

I am restoring a 68 Camaro SS/RS with a 396 and a 4 speed. I'm sure I will have lots of questions since I bought my car in a box basically. Been going on Ebay just to find out what parts I have. I also have tons of extra parts for this car and other years that are extra. Please let me know if you need anything. I know some of this stuff is for 69 so I obviously can not use them. Looking forward to helping others with situations I have already experienced. I have restoed a few cars in my time but never a Chevy. Closest is a 68 Oldsmobile 442 conv. that is still in my garage. I am pretty good at bodywork and mechanical so I hope I can help.
Thanks,
JeffsSS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 04:04 PM
Kevin

Re: New in NJ

Welcome Jeff! Plenty on NJers here, you north, south or central? What 69 parts do you have? thanks

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 04:04 PM
Senior Tech
Mike B

Welcome Jeff,

Its good to have you here. Car in a box...... maybe you will start a new fad. As always we love to see pics of the camaro and the 442 also.

Mike B
69 RS Z28 X33
69 SS (badged) X11
68 Jane in pieces
68 RS/SS BB major project
69 firebird 400 project (Currently under construction ) Pics below
Still wingless.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 09, 07:34 PM
Senior Tech
Creight

Welcome to the site
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 09, 07:08 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

welcome to team camaro!!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 09, 08:23 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Welcome to Team Camaro.As for parts needed and not needed I keep a Ricks First gen catalog by my side when doing a build just to keep the parts in my head that I need and don't need.Just me but it helps....

PRO.ST69orange

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 09, 05:45 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Welcome to a great site. It's nice to see another member from NJ. What part are you located? I'm in South Jersey.

69 SS, 350/300 h.p., M-20, 12 bolt, matching numbers.

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 09, 09:25 AM
Kevin

Looks like Jeff came, posted 3 times and then left the building

Kevin

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 09, 04:49 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Garage

Jeff
Welcome to the site and the best board on the web for 1st Gens......
Lets see some pics of the boxes.....lol.
Good luck with the project and get your hands on a AIM if you have not already...

8Ball

8 Ball Racing
Member #120
1969 X77 9 E 69 302 M21 Wallace Chevrolet

1969 RSSS rag top 7 E 69 350 turbo 350

1969 Triple Blue 10 D 68

1968 Chevelle 03 A 68
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 09, 05:02 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Welcome to Team Camaro - glad to have you with us and good luck with your project

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 09, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Garage

Sorry for the hit and run but I do work and travel a bit. Try to get on when I can. Also have a wife that needs attention....we all know how that works. She is still great and lets me pursue my hobby. I live in North Jersey. I am not sure what 69 parts I have since I have boxes and bins full of stuff I don't even know what it goes to. I do know I have the chrome that goes in an indent in front of the rear wheels and behind the doors. I also have a few wiper motors and a tone of chrome that came with the car. Most is in very good condition just not sure what I need vs. what actually even fits this car. Anyway thanks for the warm welcome. I am working on the electrical now. Purchased a new harnes from American. A bit of a pain but a nice complete whole car harness. How do I post pics of my build? Do I need to put on a website and put the link on here? I have pics of the process from what I brought home to now.
Thanks and looking forward to getting help and hopefully helping others.

Last edited by JeffsSS; Sep 23rd, 09 at 06:01 PM.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 09, 06:38 PM
Kevin

Hey Jeff, Welcome back! Life does intrude on the hobbies, no prob, we understand The side chrome is most commonly called gill chrome, only very good GM or NOS ones are worth anything. Wiper motors, prices depend on part number. Only the bumpers and emblems are chrome, the rest is stainless steel (which polishes up nicely) or anodized aluminum, (which doesn't).

The pictures need to be hosted somewhere on the web (photo site), or if you become a member of TC, they can be stored here in the members showroom and linked.

Kevin

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 09, 06:39 PM
Senior Tech
Andy

Welcome to a very informative site. Yes you'll need to post
Pics to a site like photobucket and use links

Follow My Build Here

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 09, 06:40 PM
Senior Tech
Andy

I type to slow

Follow My Build Here

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 09, 07:24 PM
Team Member
Rob

Welcome! Always nice to see another NJ'er aboard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode