New from Tacoma - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 09, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
George

New from Tacoma

Greetings,

Long-time very active member from Team Chevelle here. Gearhead for over 35 years. Thinking it is about time I upgrade the stable with the addition of a Gen1 Camaro. The 70 Elky and 68 Vette are telling me I have room for another project. Here for research and all before buying..... Here to network. The Team Chevelle Northwest guys are pretty active, hope the same here for Team Camaro. Anybody up here run at Bremerton?

I look forward to hearing from you NW guys and gals as well as the greater membership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 09, 03:44 PM
Senior Tech
David

Re: New from Tacoma

George,Welcome to Team Camaro.

David F.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 09, 03:55 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Welcome to Team Camaro

There are quite a few Camaro site guys up your way
Don't know how active some of them are, but I do see lots of posts and replies with WA as the loc.
Fred is an original owner of his 1st gen. He posts up in performance and mechanical forums alot.
You can find him in the threads as "Fred Ficarra" - I'm sure he will have a few contacts in the area

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 09, 04:34 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Welcome to Team Camaro when are your sites set and are they set for one.In other words do you have one in mind.

PRO.ST69orange

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 09, 08:50 PM
Senior Tech
JAY

Greetings from Arizona
You lucky guys are getting a really good transmission guy up there soon..
he's leaving Tucson this week and headed to some small town near
Seattle...He's done 50+ transmissions for me in last 15 years
Jay and Bj

69 droptop
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 09, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Street69Camaro468 View Post
Welcome to Team Camaro when are your sites set and are they set for one.In other words do you have one in mind.
A few pals had 68s back when I was in high school late 70s. I am after a neighborhood kid for his dad's ol 68 Vert. His pops disassembled the car, cut out the bad metal than passed away 5 years ago. The car is rough but still deserves better than being a cardboard box recepticle. A few other 67s, 8s and 9s I know about locally that I am checking on. Would prefer a roller type project. I build my own engines, sell auto parts, so bolt together and go is easy. Not looking for a total restoration unit but don't want a hackjob, a Gen1 with a sunroof, or the rare 4wd you see from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYARTER View Post
Greetings from Arizona
You lucky guys are getting a really good transmission guy up there soon..
he's leaving Tucson this week and headed to some small town near
Seattle...He's done 50+ transmissions for me in last 15 years
Jay and Bj

69 droptop
Hey Jay. I recognize you from Team Chevelle. PM me a name and town or I will PM you my info...always need trans work around here.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 09, 09:31 PM
Senior Tech
Sean

Welcome George, over in the Snohomish area.
I have raced in Bremerton quite a few times, with my Camaro and the race car I work on. Sweet little track, very old school and the Handlers are awesome folks, always treat racers like family.

Sean

1968 rs with an old school 354" SB2.2 pump gas motor.

Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 09, 10:25 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Charlie

Garage

Hey George,

Charlie from Edmonds, WA here. Let me know if you need any help or a tag along looking at any cars (I have owned 6 69 Camaros including RS, RS/SS and a Z/28). Be sure to check out the local hobby site: Pacific Northwest Camaro Club @ pnwcc.com

Charlie
69 Camaro RS
70 Challenger

ps: I do know of a 69 Z/28 (Silver/Black) with the 302 that a friend of mine has for sale in case you or anyone else on here is interested. From what I understand, it needs a complete restoration and currently located in the mid-west.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 09, 09:49 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

Welcome to team camaro
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 09, 07:58 AM

HI George, welcome to the site.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 10, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
George

Update:

The guy across the street refuses to sell his dad's old car. So I found this the other day, bring it home FRI

It needs some love in the sheet metal department, dvr side wheel well is in bad shape, needs some interior stuff, etc...
Has been stored a long time so I will go through all the tune, tweaks, new rubber fuel, water, and brake lines, new filters and fluids.
One repaint of the Rallye Green and someone's idea of a side stripe....
If you see this and have a pic of a Rally Green car, post up a pic too! Trying to sell the wife on the stock color.
IIRC, the stripe, if present, should be white. This is a 1968-built car so it should have the over the nose stripe that continues down the sides of the car.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 10, 05:46 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: New from Tacoma

Welcome to team camaro!! Nice droptop!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 10, 06:08 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Sonny

Garage

George welcome to the Team Camaro site.

1969 Z28 (Sold)
1970 Z28 (Sold)
1970 RS Z28 Camaro (Green)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode