Hello from Australia! - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old May 15th, 10, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Michael

Hello from Australia!

Hey guys,
I've always been a enthusiast of the Old American Muscle cars, and just recently i wanted to buy the 2010 Camaro, but with the crazy laws we have here and the 10K to get it converted to right hand drive, i've decided and brought a 1967 Camaro from Cali, it has a restored/rebuilt(using Edelbrock Parts) 350 in it, it's still in transit but i decided to join up to the forums and have a chat to other enthusiast's.

Basically I'm going to bore it to 0.60 over and make it a 408, and after that i'm going to either Super Charger or Twin Turbo it. My goal is to have 1000rwhp that is street legal. I have done some research but still haven't really decided on which way to go, turbo or super.

Either way pleasure to meet you all, hopefully we'll be chatting soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old May 15th, 10, 10:17 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Re: Hello from Australia!

Hey from another ANZAC
60/1000 over on a high HP 350 block usually doesnt make for a long lasting engine...espec blowing it or turbo

Turbos dont kick in at lower rpms, blowers run right thru the range.

Think about this thu...you drive a 1st gen camaero, epec in Aussie or NZ, hell doent matter if it has a 4 in it, you dont have to prove anything to anyone...Its one of the great classic cars of the WORLD, and nice lines.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old May 16th, 10, 02:55 AM
Senior Tech
Nev

Welcome Michael.
You will learn plenty form the helpful guys here.

Check out USMuscle.com.au for some like minded Aussies.

Rgds,
Nev

Almost finished (?) 68 Camaro
383 stroker
T350
12 bolt Moser

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old May 16th, 10, 06:49 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

Welcome to team camaro!

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old May 16th, 10, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome to the Club, Michael.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden … enjoy your next chapter.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old May 16th, 10, 08:11 AM
Senior Tech

G'day mate. Welcome to the TC site!

Sorry to hear about the need to rt hand convert the Cam...but after your other perform mods...you'll have quite the mean machine, eh?

As for your "crazy laws"..I see where you can be stopped on the road for a random car check to find out if the driver has been drinking (without reason!)... is this so? They are thinking about doing the same in Canada...but many think it would be an infringement on one's rights? The jury is out whether this will be allowed up here...I'm on the fence on this one right now, and can appreciate both sides of this issue. So, let me know if this is such down under.

capt

Bumper sticker- I'm not SPEEDING
I'm QUALIFYING!
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old May 16th, 10, 10:08 AM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: Hello from Australia!

Welcome to team camaro!!
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old May 16th, 10, 11:09 AM
Tech Team
Frank

Welcome from Niagara!
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old May 16th, 10, 02:24 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Quote:
I see where you can be stopped on the road for a random car check to find out if the driver has been drinking (without reason!)... is this so? They are thinking about doing the same in Canada...but many think it would be an infringement on one's rights?
We have had that for yrs in NZ
W dont have a problem..hell we even have what is called the 'booze bus' they set up a road block, check drivers with a blow checker, if thats =ve then one has achoice of blowing in the big blow meter or a blood test.
Hell the get people with outstanding warrants, fines, stolen goods, drugs everything.

Infringement of rights? yeah right...they ar getting all those people who are infringing on my bloody right to be able to drive on the road and not get killed....
Infringing on my right to know my home is safe while Im out, by locking up those with stolen goods
Infringing on my right to be able to know they are locking up those who will be ramming drugs down my grand children throughts later on.

And I tell you what, getting pulled over on a blockade...and being clean...thats really cool feeling...the 'inconvirnce' is about 2 to 3 mins from time stopping in line and driving off.....hell I can live with that a couple times a yr knowing our roads and communty is going to be safer.
1 booze bus and blockade is able to check a few 1000 cars in 1 night....

Am I for it, damn right I am...and the crime /drink driving stats, and outstanding fines etc drop significantly.

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old May 16th, 10, 05:04 PM
Senior Tech

So..I take it Steps that you are slightly, just a bit in favour of this random check?

capt

Bumper sticker- I'm not SPEEDING
I'm QUALIFYING!
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old May 16th, 10, 06:40 PM
Tech Team
Stefan

Send a message via Skype™ to nafets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
We have had that for yrs in NZ
W dont have a problem..hell we even have what is called the 'booze bus' they set up a road block, check drivers with a blow checker, if thats =ve then one has achoice of blowing in the big blow meter or a blood test.
Hell the get people with outstanding warrants, fines, stolen goods, drugs everything.

Infringement of rights? yeah right...they ar getting all those people who are infringing on my bloody right to be able to drive on the road and not get killed....
Infringing on my right to know my home is safe while Im out, by locking up those with stolen goods
Infringing on my right to be able to know they are locking up those who will be ramming drugs down my grand children throughts later on.

And I tell you what, getting pulled over on a blockade...and being clean...thats really cool feeling...the 'inconvirnce' is about 2 to 3 mins from time stopping in line and driving off.....hell I can live with that a couple times a yr knowing our roads and communty is going to be safer.
1 booze bus and blockade is able to check a few 1000 cars in 1 night....

Am I for it, damn right I am...and the crime /drink driving stats, and outstanding fines etc drop significantly.

Im with steptoe on this one. There is no excuse for drink driving, for the majority of people out there who don't drink and drive it is not a problem. If you get busted for having stolen goods, unregistered plates etc... so be it., shouldnt have been breaking the law in the first place.

Being 21, I have a first hand view of the NZ Drinking Culture, it has never been a problem.

Its like people worrying about prison living conditions, if you follow laws, it will never be your problem.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old May 16th, 10, 07:09 PM
Senior Tech
george

I.m with you guys^.
Driving is a privelage..not a right.
Been thru many a R.I.D.E. (reduce impaired driving everwhere) program in Canada and always was treated with respect and an apology to boot for my minor inconveniance.
I am a firm believer in removing drunks from behind the wheel..and if you are actually pulled to the side for drinking and driving and a further search results in warrants out for your arrest..OH WELL.No dodging a bullet tonight..your caught and you know why.

George
68 Camaro
8-71 blown 461 Rat on E-85
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old May 16th, 10, 07:34 PM
Senior Tech
Chris

Send a message via Yahoo to cluxford

They now also do random drug testing here in Oz. Take a small saliva sample and test on the stop, as fast as the booze bus checks.

I am all for these as well, sure can be annoying but drink driving just kills too many people.

That and speed and fatigue

My big bug bear is we can't drive heavily modified cars. 4 Links, big wheels, blowers all have so much scrutiny that even if you can get them engineered (and mostly you can't) then you get pulled over as a hoon and menace.

Yet many who have these modified cars are so careful it's not funny (i know there are always exceptions).
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old May 16th, 10, 08:41 PM
Tech Team
Stefan

Send a message via Skype™ to nafets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluxford View Post
They now also do random drug testing here in Oz. Take a small saliva sample and test on the stop, as fast as the booze bus checks.

I am all for these as well, sure can be annoying but drink driving just kills too many people.

That and speed and fatigue

My big bug bear is we can't drive heavily modified cars. 4 Links, big wheels, blowers all have so much scrutiny that even if you can get them engineered (and mostly you can't) then you get pulled over as a hoon and menace.

Yet many who have these modified cars are so careful it's not funny (i know there are always exceptions).

Whats the story with that? Are you not allowed to drive cars that are too far from stock? The street machine shows some bloody nice cars over your way. Does that mean they're not allowed to drive on the road?
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old May 16th, 10, 10:54 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Stefan...good to see another bloody JAFA here m8

Aussie sucks when it comes to modfied vechiv=cles , thu it does vary from state to state.
The the question is what happens when u cross the state line?
Well the place is so bloody big, a modded car wouldnt get from one service station to another lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode