Hello from Vancouver. Canada - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old May 20th, 10, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Doug

Hello from Vancouver. Canada

Hi to all. What a great site. Soon to be looking for my dream car 1969 Camaro COPO Clone. Came here to gather as much info as possible being I've never owned a first generation Camaro. Currently own 4 81z28's, 1 80 and 2 78z28's. Got back into cars a couple of years ago for the sake of my 3 boys aged 11, 15 and 16 and they love them. Like alot of other guys, I sold off a few of my cars when I started having kids. Will be lurking around and asking a few questions here and there. Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old May 20th, 10, 10:15 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Re: Hello from Vancouver. Canada

Welcome fellow Vancouverite Dred. How much do you plan on spending on a car?

Grandma, 69.5, Z/28 Finally Done! Well almost...

My Build Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old May 20th, 10, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Doug

Well I'm not too sure how much $ I'll have to spend yet, (or should I say how much $ I can spend without the wife finding out). I really want a just a nice driver to maybe take to the local shows and have fun with.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old May 20th, 10, 10:48 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

When are you planning on buying. I know a bunch of cars for sale.

My Build Thread

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old May 20th, 10, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Doug

Have to sell a couple cars to make some room and get some $ together. Maybe in the next 3 or 4 months, probably looking to spend up to $35,000. Let me know what you come across.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old May 20th, 10, 11:16 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

I just bought a car recently and I am always looking. Trying to find a 69 Z 28 locally. So far they have been listed between 45K and 70K but all over priced or not the real deal. Best to narrow it down to exactly what you want and how much you are willing to pay, it will make the searching process much easier. Unfortunatly our climate is very cruel to these cars and finding a good car is difficult. It really depends on if you plan on doing a resto or just buying something to have fun with and drive. The good news is the market is down right now and in the summer there seems to be more cars for sale locally. Also note that the good ones go quick and the over priced ones are still for sale. I have seen some still listed after 2 years. Keep in touch I would love to help you out if I can.

My Build Thread

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old May 20th, 10, 11:22 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Hey Doug. Check out the classifieds on this site. Right now there are some great deals on some nice looking cars. If you don't mind buying without seeing the car in person that could be a good way to go, as long as our dollar doesn't tank in the next 4 to 5 months. Good luck! The Black RS looks like a good deal for 33K.

My Build Thread

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old May 20th, 10, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Doug

I looked at the 69z at Autoworld in Chilliwack for $69,000 a few weeks back.
Imo way overpriced. Definitely some nice ones on here reasonably priced. Thanks for the help.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old May 20th, 10, 11:38 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

That Z is not real I looked at it 2 weeks ago. I asked the seller if he knew if it was a real Z and he said no. A full binder of the resto and not one picture of the car before??? Also no docs and no pictures of any of the numbers. Nice clone at best and over priced even if the work is good. 2 more 69's for sale for 45 K, one appears to be fake, I haven't looked at the other one yet. My new rule is if the seller won't send me pictures of the VIN and the drive train stamps, I am not going to waste time looking at it.

My Build Thread

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old May 20th, 10, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Doug

Agreed, about twice too much if it's a clone.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old May 21st, 10, 12:24 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Hey Doug what part of town are you in?

My Build Thread

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old May 21st, 10, 03:19 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

welcome to team camaro!

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old May 21st, 10, 04:24 AM
Senior Tech

Welcome Doug from the land of the monsoons. Looks like you still have the Cam Fever by the size of your stable.

capt

Bumper sticker- I'm not SPEEDING
I'm QUALIFYING!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old May 21st, 10, 05:29 AM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: Hello from Vancouver. Canada

Welcome to team camaro!!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old May 21st, 10, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Doug

I actually live out at Cultus Lake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode