67 vs 68 Camaro - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 10, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
Chris

67 vs 68 Camaro

Hi everyone, thanks for giving this a look.

I'm writing a screenplay and for some reason have found myself setting up an argument between two characters over which was better, the 67 or 68 Camaro.

As my username suggests I don't have a lot to contribute to this - I could just as easily have picked on any other model from any period, but this was what I settled on.

So if anybody can help outlining a few things that might be considered pros or cons either way (performance would work better than aesthetics) I would be exceptionally grateful.

Thanks for your time

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 10, 05:38 AM
Team Member
Christropher

Re: 67 vs 68 Camaro

The cars were so close to the same, it's not going to be much of an argument. You'd be better off arguing between a Camaro and a Mustang.

Christropher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...in pieces still.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 10, 05:57 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

Body style and options were the only differences, in reality..
The 68 had more to offer as far as options, availabile for the year..
The 69 camaro was the top dog..the 67/68 camaro was just trial and error kind of cars (prototypes for the world famous 1969 camaro)..OPINIONATED OF COURSE..

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 10, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
Chris

Thanks guys. The Mustang - Camaro rivalry does seem to offer a lot more scope for debate on Google. Thanks for the heads up.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 10, 06:19 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

Welcome to team camaro by the way..
Camaro vs mustang battles have been going on for years...camaro always wins!!

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 10, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Chris

Thank you!

Here's what I've settled on for the dialogue.

-Okay. The Shelby GT500 made nought to sixty in six point TWO.
-But the Camaro outstripped the 'stang at both entry and top-level horsepower.
-That's HORSE****. The Mus-
-Can you keep your voice down?
-Fine.

Not the greatest of debates but it'll do. If you hear that in a movie then I'll have succeeded. Take care folks.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 10, 12:39 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: 67 vs 68 Camaro

Welcome to team camaro!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 10, 01:57 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Talking Re: 67 vs 68 Camaro

First off, welcome to Team CAMARO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantevendrive View Post
Hi everyone, thanks for giving this a look.

... arguement over which was better, the 67 or 68 Camaro.

So if anybody can help outlining a few things that might be considered pros or cons either way ...

Thanks for your time

Chris
That particular question is oft posed on this site and is fairly easy for most to answer – 68’s are better
Oh sure, now a few nerrdowell’s will no doubt will attempt to debate this and in the process derail an otherwise insightful and informative thread – but that is to be expected at times on here …

Just a few points of superiority would be;
They are far easier to see out of, had much wider engine and transmission choices and of course optional upper HP ratings and as a bonus, they are easier to see at night with their distinctive side marker lights

If – as you added dialog post would reflect – this is just an argument over the superiority of a CAMARO over a Mustang, well then I don’t think you even need our help
Seems you all ready realize that the CAMARO is a far superior vehicle or you would have asked this question on a rival web-site

Glad we could be of service to the entertainment industry
Yours;
John

Oh - almost forgot ...

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 10, 02:03 PM
Team Member
Tony

Cool Re: 67 vs 68 Camaro

Chevrolet fixed all the weird problems from the 67 Camaro, when they made the 68 camaro. Staggered shocks prevented wheel hop, bigger stabilizer bar made handeling much better, disk brakes for quicker stopping, electric everything for picking up hot cheerleaders, and they scrapped that annoying wing window and cut down on air drag.

After the 68, Chevrolet tried new styling when they made the 69, and just screwed up everything.

68 was the best year by far..
67 Camaro was a close second, and much better than any Muscrat or Goat.
Heck, I would rather have a wounded fire-chicken in my garage, than a healthy Muscrat or a Goat.

OPINIONATED ARGUMENT OF COURSE..
(1967 owners, its your turn..)

If this thread continues much longer, we (my TC brothers) may be able to write this scene for you..
I'm assuming this scene takes place in a bar.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 10, 02:04 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Talking Re: 67 vs 68 Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
... I'm assuming this scene takes place in a bar.
... a Pub

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 10, 02:26 PM
Senior Tech
Don

There is no other than the original. What is more desirable than an original? A 67 is the only year a Camaro was made, after that they became mutants of the one and only original Camaro. Sure you can knock the wing windows, but when you open them on a warm day, what a rush of a cool breeze you receive. 68ís need a lot of paper to prove just what they are, so they could not have wing windows because the wind would mess all the paper up you had to carry to prove what you had. Two mutations later came the 69, well I guess we all know what happens as mutations continue to occur. One thing is for sure any Camaro is better than a Rustang.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 10, 02:59 PM
Team Member
Tony

Cool Re: 67 vs 68 Camaro

Now Don, anyone who has seen X-men knows the Mutant is always better than the original.
Yes, some mutants are evil, but still you don't want to challenge their power.

The 68 owner doesn't need papers to prove anything. We like being the sleeper. (Camoflage)
We like to hide our claws until we need them, no warning, then BOOM! you just lost your pink slip to a mutant.

I do agree that any second mutation is asking for trouble. Like a copy of an upgrade.
Looks cool with all those accessories, but unreliable, uncontrollable, erratic.

..and another thing, the 68 came with "Astro Ventilation" (named after George Jetsons faithful companion),
..beat that!

Boy these beers are going down fast for a Friday, is it my turn to buy another round already?
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 10, 03:14 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

They made a Camaro after 67?????

FYI: The electric headlight doors on the 67 RS are the only ones that really worked. 68's and 69's sucked - literally.

Coulda fooled me...

67 Camaro: 454/TH400/4.10 12 bolt. Lots of options: PS/PDB/PW, tilt, tach, gauges and more. K-K + 797-Z...

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy" - Sir Ernest Benn
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 10, 02:37 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
George

You can only be the first one time, and the '67 was the first. And the '67s were so fast they needed to have speed brakes on thier windows.

'67 convertible 210HP 327/Powerglide (not anymore!)

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 10, 04:05 AM
Senior Tech
Dave

the wing windows on the 67 were the best!!

68 Z/28, grotto blue, protect-o-plate
67 plain jane survivor, deep water blue, protect-o-plate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode