Just wanted to say hello from Mesa, Arizona - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 10, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Don

Smile Just wanted to say hello from Mesa, Arizona

My name is Don and I have had my 1967 Camaro convertible since March of 1988. The car is a mid May production and I suspect it was built as one of the "pacesetter" specials that went out to dealers. I suspect that because it is white with blue interior, loaded with the trim options (console, bumble bee paint stripe, deluxe bumper guards, etc.) but had the 250 straight six and powerglide! Everybody say OOHHHH, feel the power! That engine promptly blew apart 2 months after buying the car which allowed me to begin the process of putting in a 327. It is great seeing all the fellow Camaro owners documenting their restoration processes and the hurdles they overcome. It is inspiring me to get my project done and moving after languishing for so long. There is a 396 and Turbo 400 waiting to be installed after I get the body painted. That is where my project is at present, hope to put up some pictures and chit chat with others. Hi all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 10, 03:54 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

Re: Just wanted to say hello from Mesa, Arizona

Welcome to team camaro!!

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 10, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome to the Club, Don. If 396/TH400 goes in, you might want to think about changing front coil springs, unless you want the lowered stance look.

If equipped, you might have to remove the front sway bar or place spacers under the frame brackets of the sway bar to gain clearance for the harmonic balancer.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 10, 04:34 AM
Senior Tech

Welcome to the TC Crew, Don. Glad to hear that you are both inspired and tired...of languishing. You'll never look back on those intended mods.

capt

Bumper sticker- I'm not SPEEDING
I'm QUALIFYING!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 10, 06:07 AM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: Just wanted to say hello from Mesa, Arizona

Welcome to team camaro!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 10, 07:02 PM
Senior Tech
Jim

Welcome to TC. Post some pics when you can
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 10, 09:25 PM
Senior Tech
JAY

Greetings from Arizona
it can take a while to get inspired! but it will come togather. It took me 12 years and 2 trys to get my 69 Conv done and they are never done really. my two friends and I started tuesday nite boys working on cars. Having someone to share the load and working togather we have done 3 powertrain swaps and alot of custom things to make our cars different. Good Luck Jay

66 SS Chevyll
67 Elcamino
68 Malibu 2dr
69 Camaro Convertible
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 10, 06:03 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Sonny

Garage

Don, welcome to the Team Camaro site.

1969 Z28 (Sold)
1970 Z28 (Sold)
1970 RS Z28 Camaro (Green)

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 10, 06:48 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jack

Hi Don. Neat car !!! Hope to run into you around town......

67 RS
Royal Plum/Parchment
6.0 LSX 4L80e

06 corvette Z06
machine silver
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 10, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Don

Thank you all for the warm welcome! This car's been through a lot over the years and I'm looking forward to getting it "done". Yeah, I know, is any car reeeaaaally ever done? Operationally complete would be a better metaphor.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 10, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Don

Thanks for the info! Already have some big block springs, those six-cylinder/small block springs made for a nice stance when you parked it, driving it that way was a whole other matter. Smacking the subframeor exhaust on every speed bump, curb or road kill (yep, smelled that one for quite awhile!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode