Reintroduction from Flowmaster - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 10, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Reintroduction from Flowmaster

Hi Everyone,

Flowmaster has been present in the forums as a sponsor, but we'd like to take a more active role, answering tech questions and sharing videos, install tips and dyno information. We aren't here to push sales, we just want to be a part of the community. We occasionally need R&D vehicles, or vehicles for booth displays or shows around the country, and we will come to the forums to ask for your help.

We will be using this handle on the forums, and we'll be posting as a representative of both Flowmaster and Hushpower. For those of you who are unfamiliar with our products, or who haven't seen our new products, I'd like to introduce our company.

Flowmaster, Inc. is housed in ultra-modern facilities totaling over 400,000 sq. ft., in Santa Rosa, California and Hayden, Idaho. Flowmaster employs over 250+ workers dedicated to building the highest quality American made exhaust products available. Flowmaster operates the only exhaust Research & Design facility of its kind in the world, centered around our SuperFlow engine dynamometers complete with E.C.A. (engine cycle analysis) equipment and also SuperFlow chassis dynos.

The growth of Hushpower technology is proof of just how committed we are to continually develop and provide solutions for the constantly evolving & escalating sound issues in Motorsports, improving engine efficiency and providing our customers, with great choices of sound and unmatched performance for any vehicle. We offer traditional chambered and open exhaust designs as well as the patented Hushpower design so if you have a project, we have the product.

Flowmaster's product line includes exhaust products for Performance Street, Muscle Cars, Trucks, Street Rods, RV's, Motorhomes, Sportscars, and all types of race applications. With over 400 different muffler models, 370+ exhaust systems and numerous exhaust accessories available, Flowmaster offers you the choice of sound to fit your preference from "wild to mild" and your specific vehicle needs. Call our experienced tech staff for live help and detailed information regarding your vehicle or make a post in our sponsored section or our Facebook page.

Camaro Sound

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Flowmaster Mufflers
Toll Free Technical Support: 1-800-544-4761

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 10, 05:24 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Re: Reintroduction from Flowmaster

Glad to have you on board and thanks in advance for the assistance you will offer.

My question: How can I reduce the Flowmaster drone when cruising at about 2,500 RPM? I have sound deadening in the floors and doors and it is tolarable but any further dampening would be appreciated. Besides that, the 40's with duals with cross-overs function and sound really good.

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:

Member # 159

Last edited by Andrew69; Aug 4th, 10 at 05:15 AM. Reason: spelling correction
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 10, 12:43 AM
Senior Tech
Ron

I solved that Flow Master Drone at cruise by using a Distributor with Vacuum advance.

Z15CAM - There was a Viper in my Rear View

This was my 70 1/2 Z28

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 10, 03:43 AM
Kevin

I would like to know if flowmasters will market a 2.5" stock fitting system (transverse muffler) for 69 Convertibles?

Kevin

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 10, 05:15 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z15CAM View Post
I solved that Flow Master Drone at cruise by using a Distributor with Vacuum advance.
Got that already. With the sound dampening I have already done it isn't so bad that I want to change out the exhaust or anything extreme. It would be nice if there was a dampening mat that could be wrapped around the top surface of the muffler, or something like that.

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:

Member # 159
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 10, 06:29 AM
Team Member
Gary

A large percentage of us "69" owners want a crossflow system with the tail pipes with polished tips offered only with the american thunder series system which is incorrect for our cars. (Muffs under the car) Thanks, Gary
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 10, 09:43 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by X33D80 View Post
Glad to have you on board and thanks in advance for the assistance you will offer.

My question: How can I reduce the Flowmaster drone when cruising at about 2,500 RPM? I have sound deadening in the floors and doors and it is tolarable but any further dampening would be appreciated. Besides that, the 40's with duals with cross-overs function and sound really good.

X2 I would also like to know. After cruising for 45min I feel I need a nap..

1969 Camaro X77 Z/28 Lemans Blue
1991 Camaro z28 1LE-R7U #58 Players Challenge
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 10, 10:45 PM
Senior Tech
Steiner

For the drone, check this out. It's a long read but pretty good.
http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=496793

'69 Camaro
Dart 400-AFR 195-224/224 HR-Powerjection III TB with F.A.S.T. Sportsman XFI
TKO 600-Moser 3.42-Detroit Truetrac
500hp/538lbft

'69 Camaro Beater-SFT 327-M20-Moser 4.10-sold
'02 Z/28 vert-stock-sold and totaled
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 10, 04:07 AM
Kevin

So, flowmaster puts a post in and then no responses to the questions in 3 days?

Kevin

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 10, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Hello everyone -

Oh Kevin, we just wanted to make sure we could answer as many questions satisfactorily as possible! We will try to be more prompt in the future.

The questions and comments in this post are exactly why we want to be involved in the forum.

For those of you with ideas of new systems, or options, we are passing those on to the design team. Another place to suggest new systems is on our facebook discussion page.

X33...You got quite a bit of good advice regarding exhaust drones. There are so many elements that contribute to harmonics including everything from cam and header choices to loose license plate frames! If you find yourself unable to locate the source of the drone on your car, check out one of our 50 series or Hushpower mufflers. You'll still get a great Flowmaster sound with a slightly more civilized interior cabin environment.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Flowmaster Mufflers
Toll Free Technical Support: 1-800-544-4761

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode