New owner, need some Forum help - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 10, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

New owner, need some Forum help

Greetings

I'm a long time lurker but just a recent 67 RS/SS owner. She's rough but I have big plans.... Speaking of which, can someone point me towards the correct forums in which to discuss LS engine swaps and fuel injection, etc.? I know a lot of it is happening here but I'm a little flummoxed regarding where to look and where to post. I'm currently struggling with trying to envision how to drive mechanical gauges with a computer controlled fuel injected modern drivetrain in place-- I'm sure others have tread these same paths already.... And for what it is worth, I absolutely respect the originality crowd and love everything there is to love about a First Gen Camaro but that's just not the path I've chosen to pursue with my car.... Thanks in advance and I hope to learn a lot and hopefully contribute some, some day, as well.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 10, 09:22 PM
Team Member
Jerry R.

Re: New owner, need some Forum help

Steve six year veteran.
You gotta visit the forum more.
I would engine or tech or maybe both, for a start.

my Magnaflow X-pipe system sound clip, click the link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 10, 09:35 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaroslo View Post
Greetings

I'm a long time lurker but just a recent 67 RS/SS owner. She's rough but I have big plans.... Speaking of which, can someone point me towards the correct forums in which to discuss LS engine swaps and fuel injection, etc.? I know a lot of it is happening here but I'm a little flummoxed regarding where to look and where to post. I'm currently struggling with trying to envision how to drive mechanical gauges with a computer controlled fuel injected modern drivetrain in place-- I'm sure others have tread these same paths already.... And for what it is worth, I absolutely respect the originality crowd and love everything there is to love about a First Gen Camaro but that's just not the path I've chosen to pursue with my car.... Thanks in advance and I hope to learn a lot and hopefully contribute some, some day, as well.

Steve
Look in the Pro-Touring forum here, at Pro-touring.com, Lateral-G.net and the Conversions and Hybrids forum at LS1tech.com. Why mechanical, are you planning on using the factory gauges?

Mike - '68 Camaro with lots of stuff done to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 10, 12:33 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Vince

Garage

I cannot believe how many posts I've seen from folk in Santa Clara lately? Is this town gettin' that big?

1967 327 4spd convertible 119K
1968 RS Z/28 04D Norwood have owned twice
1968 RS Z/28 04D Van Nuys asleep for 36 years
1969 Z/28 X33
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 10, 06:04 AM
Senior Tech
Frank

This is a great place here. But as Mkelcy Pro-touring.com or Lateral-G.net will have lots more info on your subjects.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 10, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Thank you, everyone! It is awesome that you guys troll the Welcome board and actually respond to people.

Mkelcy, yes, I guess that I was planning on using the factory gauges, since my car is a console/gauge car, but it is also out of ignorance of alternatives that I was heading in that direction. Are there folks making reasonable facsimile console gauges that are elctronic and compatible with today's computer-control?

3forme, maybe the Valley is starting to recover a little bit, and old farts like me who stumbled in to some stock options through no apparent skill or ability are starting to see a little light at the end of the tunnel and wish to live out old fantasies? That's my story and I'm sticking to it.... I don't see that many 1st Gens rolling around but I always have my eyes peeled. I think I need to visit a few shows and steal a few ideas from those who have gone before....

I'll definitely check out the other Forum referrals and once again, thanks a lot!

Steve
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 10, 10:57 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Quote:
Thank you, everyone! It is awesome that you guys troll the Welcome board and actually respond to people.
We're not quite that diligent. In the banner at the top of the page there's a "New Posts" button. Click on it and you'll see new posts since (I think) your last visit.

Quote:
Mkelcy, yes, I guess that I was planning on using the factory gauges, since my car is a console/gauge car, but it is also out of ignorance of alternatives that I was heading in that direction. Are there folks making reasonable facsimile console gauges that are elctronic and compatible with today's computer-control?
Autometer makes a set that fits the console nicely, but they're round 2 1/16" gauges rather than the original rectagular appearing gauges. Classic Industries makes a repro set that's electric except for the oil pressure gauge. Myself, I'm not a big fan of mechanical oil pressure gauges but you can easily hook one up to an LSx engine.

Mike - '68 Camaro with lots of stuff done to it.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 10, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Thank you, Mike. the car is a '67 so round gauges might fit the bill--I'll be sure to check them out. Thank you.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 10, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome to the Club, Steve. I hope you enjoy your membership here.

There are a couple members here who have done the swap, one ongoing now and you might check in Engines forum.
Not a bad looking ride, '67 with Deluxe interior, 4-spd, LeMans blue, er, at least the door jams are. Rest of the car?

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode