Hello from a Camaro in Cairns, Queensland, Australia - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 10, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Andrew

Hello from a Camaro in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Hello All,

I finally bought a 67 Camaro in May from LA, exported her to Brisbane, Australia. She arrived on Monday 26th of July 2010, cleared and tow trucked to Geezers classic car garage for compliance mods and registration. Departed Friday the same week for the 1800 Kilometer journey north to Cairns. No problems at all with her for the two day drive approx. 10 hours driving each day. Fantastic driving experience! To scared to drive at night, could end up with a Kangaroo as a hood emblem. She is a mild 350, 4 speed and a 10 Bolt diff. Nice clean car 18" Front & 20" Rear wheels. I Finally got back into cars last year after 20 years of focusing on a career. Yes last year started with a 77 Corvette as a stepping stone towards a 1st gen Camaro. You can see her at the link below. Wife approved color!
Thanks,
Andrew
http://americancarclubcairns.com/pho...m=1&gallery=12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 10, 06:25 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Re: Hello from a Camaro in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

From one Andrew to another -

Welcome to Team Camaro! We have other friends here from "Down Under" and enjoy hearing from all of you. We also love photos of your cars. Is yours RH drive?

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member # 159
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 10, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome to the Club, Andrew. Nice ride for sure.

Almost two months for delivery?
Vehicle compliance? What's involved?
How often for inspection?

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 10, 06:33 AM
Senior Tech
Frank

Welcome aboard. We are shipping a lot of Camaro parts to Australia lately. Seems to be a hot bed of Camaro action right now.

Comgratulations
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 10, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
Andrew

Hello, She is still Left hand drive. Car over 30 years can stay left hand drive.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 10, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
Andrew

She did not leave on the ship until the 23rd of June. The ship broke down up in Canada. So she just sat a Califorina shipping waiting. The compliance involved the fitment of inertia Australian standards seat belts to all four seats, 3 point anchor (Crazy but has to have the Aus standard logo on the tag), remove and replace headlights that dip to the left instead of the right (I think this is the right way around). Baby capsule anchor points in the rear parcel shelf (hilarious). Pre 1972 cars don't have to change to amber indicator front or rear, so electrical unmoded. Speedo can stay miles per hour. Then things like horn, washer/wiper, heater defrost, e-brake and everything else normally required for safety of a vehicle. They install a engineers plate stating that the car is now in compliance with the Australian road safety rules for 1967. Also stamp the engine number for registration. Queensland you need to have vin and engine number registered. Only have to get another inspection if i want to sell her registered. So no annual inspection in Queensland.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 10, 08:50 AM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: Hello from a Camaro in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Welcome to team camaro!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 10, 03:37 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Max Stewart

Send a message via Yahoo to bigbuckcity

Hello Mate, am sure you will enjoy your 67 Camaro..If you would be interested in installing LED Conversion Kit for the Brake/Tail/Turn Lights, contact [email protected] and check out what he has to offer for your Camaro. I have them on both my 68 Camaro Coupe and also on my 69 Camaro Convertible, they really set the Camaro off, I get lot's of compliments. And No I am not Todd, I am just one of his many satisfied Customers......................
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 10, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Andrew

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Camaros would have to be one of the best world known Chevy cars. The 67 Camaro so far seem to be much easier to work on than a C3 Corvette, looking forward to improving her mechanically.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 10, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Good luck with your ride. Australian seat belt tag, sounds like a monopoly.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode