New from texas - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 10, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Dale

New from texas

I been wanting buy or build an 1969 camaro and I need to learn more about them before I buy an car. I almost got riped off on ebay on trying buy an 1969 rs/ss 375 l89 beger rust bucket for 25k. You and yenko net saved me from buying that car without any paperwork or any prove that its an real l89 car. I am was going bid on car but I lost desire since I needed to work and stuff when it was at 15k. I never thought an person would pay over 25k with no paperwork or prove it was. If I bid on it the biding would have hit more and would have lost over 25k on that fake car.

My goal is build or buy an zl1 427 copo or yenko camaro to drive 15k to 20k miles an year as my daily driver. It will be an all correct clone not the real car. Why pay over 40 to 80k for an 2010 corvette or camaro and lose money big time driving since they go down to nothing. Example 1992 lincoln towncar cost over 30k when new. Today its worth maybe 1500 bucks or less.

I been looking over 2 molths at 1969 camaros and even looked at dynacorn bodys, cars inc reproduction yenko and zl1 . I think cars inc is so cool but way to expensive for me. Brand new 1969 cars is so cool. I even looked at junk all the way to frame off restored cars that perfect.

Like I said I wanted an 1969 camaro since high school in 1987 but I got 1966 mustang instead. I drove it dailly intill 1995 when it fell apart. I junked it in 2000. Maybe in 2010 I can get my 69 just like I wanted with 427 m22 4 speed and 410 posi , dogdish hubs . The 6 banger fakeout car is what I want. No rs/or ss cars . It all engine for me.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 10, 03:10 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Re: New from texas

Welcome to Team Camaro.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 10, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome to the Club, Dale. Keep looking, it's out there.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 10, 07:53 AM
Senior Tech
Ryan

Welcome from Houston!

Please realize that there are wonderful people on this site, willing to help.

I wish I had known about this group before I bought as I was ripped off, glad you were not!

As far as clones, tributes and dynacorn bodies you will get a lot of opinions...not everyone will approve so keep yout thick skin on and stay true to what you want.

1969 X66
1964 Corvette 327/300
1998 SS Vert
1987 Regal

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 10, 02:56 PM
Senior Tech
Brad

Greetings from a fellow Texan!

Brad G
1969 Camaro - 406 - 2004R
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 10, 04:02 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevrolet454ss View Post
I been wanting buy or build an 1969 camaro and I need to learn more about them before I buy an car. I almost got riped off on ebay on trying buy an 1969 rs/ss 375 l89 beger rust bucket for 25k. You and yenko net saved me from buying that car without any paperwork or any prove that its an real l89 car. I am was going bid on car but I lost desire since I needed to work and stuff when it was at 15k. I never thought an person would pay over 25k with no paperwork or prove it was. If I bid on it the biding would have hit more and would have lost over 25k on that fake car.

My goal is build or buy an zl1 427 copo or yenko camaro to drive 15k to 20k miles an year as my daily driver. It will be an all correct clone not the real car. Why pay over 40 to 80k for an 2010 corvette or camaro and lose money big time driving since they go down to nothing. Example 1992 lincoln towncar cost over 30k when new. Today its worth maybe 1500 bucks or less.

I been looking over 2 molths at 1969 camaros and even looked at dynacorn bodys, cars inc reproduction yenko and zl1 . I think cars inc is so cool but way to expensive for me. Brand new 1969 cars is so cool. I even looked at junk all the way to frame off restored cars that perfect.

Like I said I wanted an 1969 camaro since high school in 1987 but I got 1966 mustang instead. I drove it dailly intill 1995 when it fell apart. I junked it in 2000. Maybe in 2010 I can get my 69 just like I wanted with 427 m22 4 speed and 410 posi , dogdish hubs . The 6 banger fakeout car is what I want. No rs/or ss cars . It all engine for me.

Thanks
Well said and very true. i recently turned down a 2010 corvette (980 miles) grand sport trade offer for my 69 convertible. Thought about how quick the value of the new vette would drop and how the convertible will appreciate and decided to pass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode