68 Camaro in CO - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 10, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Justin

68 Camaro in CO

Hey guys, I just decided to buy the car of my dreams and jump into the muscle car scene with a 68 Camaro. It currently has a 396 with a muncie 4 spd. It is claimed to be a RS/SS though it is tough to tell for obvious reasons. It has power drum brakes a 12 bolt rear with 3.73's. The original color was British Racing Green with gold deluxe interior. I'm planning on going with the original exterior but cannot live with the gold interior, not a 70s pimp. I just put a 2.5" cowl hood on and have already used the infamous 'search' button on a few questions I had about interior kits, so thank you to those before me. Here are a few pics:http://m998.photobucket.com/albumvie...OwuKBDbi9nw%3D
as I am new, I'm having a tough time being able to just insert normal pics

I look forward to growing with you guys and being able to share with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 10, 11:27 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Re: 68 Camaro in CO

Welcome! Another Denver 68. Which part of town are you in? You've picked the right site when it comes to 1st gen Camaro information. Regarding inserting pictures. The simplest way is to get an free flicker or photo bucket account, upload pictures to there. Once the picture has been uploaded and is accessible via the net, you then link the picture in your posts by clicking the yellow/mountain icon located on top of the message box and pasting the full URL/link to the picture.

Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 10, 11:47 AM
Senior Tech
Lex

Well you can't go wrong with a 68 1st Gen Camaro. That car looks great. I want mines in primer black too, coming soon. Look forward to seeing more of that Camaro.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

68 Camaro / 400 ci / 3.73 10 /
Edelbrock Performer Series 600 cfm no. 14054
Edelbrock Performer EPS Intake Manifold 27014

98 GMC Suburban / 454 V8 / K2500 4x4

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 10, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Justin

I'm located in Thornton, CO. As far as the site is concerned there seems to be WAY more info on 1st gens here then on the 'other' forum I joined.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 10, 12:07 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Cool, I'm in DTC. I was a member on 3-4 different forums before I came here. Yes, this site hands down has the best first gen info...

Matt

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 10, 12:40 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: 68 Camaro in CO

Welcome to team camaro!!
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 10, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Justin

I'm about to go to the DMV and do a title history check on the vehicle tomorrow, do you guys think it is worthwhile to do so and find out the titling history of the vehicle and prior owners? It only costs $2.20, so if I get nothing I'm only out $2.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 10, 09:37 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Best money you'll ever spend, especially if you get lucky and hit the jackpot like I did. Did the same thing a while ago and between the $2 in KY and $1 in NC, I hit the jackpot. I was able to trace all 10 owners of my car (she's been around). With today's internet I was able to locate contact info for the first owner and called her... Below is the entire thread...
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=157993

Matt

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 10, 09:41 AM
Senior Tech
George

Welcome Justin!
I scored a 68 Vert roughly 2 months ago....let me know if I can be of any assistance

George Kettler
US ARMY Retired
o 70 Elky SOLD 9/2016
o 68 Vette 427, 4 spd ac owner 25 years
o 68 Camaro Rallye Green Vert 327/2004R/3.73
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 10, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Justin

Went to two different DMVs today with no luck... All they could tell me was the po I bought her from... Records only go back to '91
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 10, 05:51 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

That's a shame that some states don't keep all the records... The topic of tracing back your car has come up a several times over the last couple of years here on TC. Unfortunately most traces end with "so and so state only keeps records back to xx"

Matt

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 10, 07:27 PM
Roy

Hello from a fellow Coloradan with a 68!
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 10, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Justin

where are you located Roy? Welcome, I have learned a ton from these guys already.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 10, 11:45 PM
Roy

I'm in Centennial for the time being and am also restoring a 68.

Nothing much yet, but I started an album to record the progress.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 10, 09:19 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Wow! CO-Denver presence on TeamCamaro has gone up in the last few days and amazingly most of us are 68 guys.

Just the ones I know...

rchanley (68)
68RS/SS_396 (68)
convertible68camaro (68)
denvervet (68)
zlek131 (68)

Matt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode