new from dubai - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 10, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
JASSEM

new from dubai

hi im jassem from UAE dubai im looking for a camaro 69 please take a look in link

https://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...#post1505437:o
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 10, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: new from dubai

Depends on your personal preference. Make 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices and have a third party inspect it for you to verify, whether professional or not, the 'build' of the car, especially if your're looking for a numbers correct car. Worth the expense.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 10, 10:06 AM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: new from dubai

Welcome to team camaro!!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 10, 11:18 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bill

Jassem first off welcome to Team Camaro. I think you need to decide what you are looking for as far as original, resto, restomod or hot rod. You say for daily driver so you might want to consider a restomod with an LS swap that will give you dependability and something that you can easily find parts for. Are you looking for a manual trans or an auto? There are lots of great cars in the market right now. Coming here to TC is a great start as you will get a lot of good feedback from the guys here. Post any other cars you are considering. If you have the money and time you might want to consider having one custom built to your specs by one of the many excellent builders that are here in the states.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 10, 04:55 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

welcome to team camaro

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 10, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
JASSEM

Question Re: new from dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calpantera View Post
Jassem first off welcome to Team Camaro. I think you need to decide what you are looking for as far as original, resto, restomod or hot rod. You say for daily driver so you might want to consider a restomod with an LS swap that will give you dependability and something that you can easily find parts for. Are you looking for a manual trans or an auto? There are lots of great cars in the market right now. Coming here to TC is a great start as you will get a lot of good feedback from the guys here. Post any other cars you are considering. If you have the money and time you might want to consider having one custom built to your specs by one of the many excellent builders that are here in the states.
thanks calpantera ...1st i want to know whats resto and restomod 2nd iwant American Muscle Car manual trans with A/C cuz its very hot in dubai U-A-E AND I WANNA BEAT THE NEW CAMARO 2011 AND THE NEW MUSTANG

what you think abut thes one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-...#ht_500wt_1182

thanks

Last edited by jassem3333; Nov 21st, 10 at 10:51 PM. Reason: bad word
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 10, 03:10 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

Resto will be close to original equipment - restomod will have been modified to provide better (or different) than original performance and/or amenities. Pro touring is another option. Example would be a twin turbo car with a 4 link suspension, 5 speed transmission, fender well tubs for bigger tires might be considered pro touring (or might be considered pro street depending on how it's set up). Protouring would be very nice I think, there's a link on this website for pro touring, check it out and see what you think.

69 Pace Car and 69 Hard top
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 10, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Also, runs along the same definition of a restoration, a sleeper - looks like a general every day vehicle but carries a big stick to thwart the competition.

I would suggest a plain jane '68 coupe with a 2009 or later Cadillac CTS-V drivetrain transplanted.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 10, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
JASSEM

thank you guys
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 10, 05:58 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassem3333 View Post
thanks calpantera ...1st i want to know whats resto and restomod 2nd iwant American Muscle Car manual trans with A/C cuz its very hot in dubai U-A-E AND I WANNA BEAT THE NEW CAMARO 2011 AND THE NEW MUSTANG

what you think abut thes one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-RS-SS-Camaro-Restomod-/320619457931?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4aa668ad8b #ht_500wt_1182

thanks
For that price ($41k) you can get a more modern setup that is dependable and has A/C. That car does not look like a daily driver to me.

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 10, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
JASSEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calpantera View Post
For that price ($41k) you can get a more modern setup that is dependable and has A/C. That car does not look like a daily driver to me.

ok then any suggests or links please
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 10, 07:19 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bill

Jassem you should talk to Frank over at Prodigy customs. They are a site sponsor and have built many custom first gen Camaros. http://www.prodigycustoms.com/
I am sure they would be able to help you out..

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 10, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
JASSEM

please guys take alook at thes car and tel me what you think

http://www.harwellmotors.com/muscle-.../124378N305787
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 10, 09:03 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mr. Tibbs

Send a message via AIM to ChevyThunder

Jassem

Welcome to the site... I raced in the 24 Hours of Dubai in 2009 and enjoyed my time there.

If you need help getting a car from the states to Dubai our team manager is based out of Florida and I could ask him if he would help.

How about these

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=27211 <sold but an example if you look hard

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=23838

" Burn rubber not your Soul "
Camaro,Camaro,Camaro,Camaro

Last edited by ChevyThunder; Nov 25th, 10 at 09:23 AM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 10, 09:05 AM
Senior Tech
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassem3333 View Post
please guys take alook at thes car and tel me what you think

http://www.harwellmotors.com/muscle-.../124378N305787
Wrong year - you want a 69, right? No AC, and as stock as the 396 appears, doubtful it beat a new Camaro or Mustang.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode