New from Cali, in the army looking to buy 68 or 69 Camaro project - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 23rd, 10, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
Tim

Smile New from Cali, in the army looking to buy 68 or 69 Camaro project

can someone help me find a 68 or 69 camaro project, im in the army currently in afghanistan right now, im trying to find a project for no more than 4000 engine and tranny do not have to be in, ive been having a hard time trying to find one but im doing my best as sometimes dont have a lot of time to look and dont know where to look ive looked on ebay and craigslist but none that i intend on buying, i would very much appreciate the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 23rd, 10, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: New from Cali and in the army looking to buy 68 or 69 camaro proje

First and foremost, 'Thank you for serving, Tim. We appreciate it.'

Welcome to the Club,

You might look also:
www.autotraderclassics.com
www.copart.com
www.racingjunk.com

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 23rd, 10, 03:23 AM
Senior Tech
John

Welcome Tim. Also try www.recycler.com

heres one on TC adds. https://www.camaros.net/classifieds/s...t=43742&cat=43

Keep your powder dry. Come home safe.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 23rd, 10, 04:31 AM
Senior Tech
Camarodude67

Hi Tim, welcome aboard... most project cars would be on Ebay or Craigslist.

Unfortunately 4K is not going to get you much, maybe a rolling without interior, no motor and or shell if that (badly rusted also).

Jeff G.
69 Verts
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 23rd, 10, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
Tim

thank you all and thanks for the replies and the help, really appreciate it
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 23rd, 10, 07:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Welcome to Team Camaro and good luck on your project.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 10, 01:08 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: New from Cali and in the army looking to buy 68 or 69 camaro proje

Welcome to team camaro and Merry Christmas to you and your family!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 10, 02:38 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy72109 View Post
can someone help me find a 68 or 69 camaro project, im in the army currently in afghanistan right now, im trying to find a project for no more than 4000 engine and tranny do not have to be in, ive been having a hard time trying to find one but im doing my best as sometimes dont have a lot of time to look and dont know where to look ive looked on ebay and craigslist but none that i intend on buying, i would very much appreciate the help
Thanks for being out there for the rest of us and have the best Christmas you can have being away from home!

Please don't take this wrong but don't buy even a project until you are back here where you can put your hands on the car and look it over in person and see what you are getting... Part of the reason I advise this is you are setting yourself up, there are a lot of great guys here but who knows about the ones that just read the forums and don't participate? There is about a 4-1 ratio of visitors to what I'll call members and any of them could contact you with a great deal that turns out to be a scam or rip-off!

I'd hate to hear you got home and lifted the tarp off your project in the driveway and found a pile of rust that you can't tell if it is a Camaro or Mustang!! I hope that makes sense.

Even if you have a buddy you really trust I would advise against letting him spend your money. I can't tell you how many "great" deals I have looked at for folks only to want to gag when I see what they are hoping/think is a good deal!

Stick around in your free time and educate and enjoy yourself here... Something new to learn every day!!

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 10, 10:22 PM
Senior Tech
JAY

Greetings from Arizona
X2, good advise plus by waiting you might be able to save up more cash to find something thats better deal. Deals are to be had, and Camaros are great, but don't rule out rest of GM's mighty clan. Chances are a Nova, Chevelle or Elcamino might be easier to find in $4-6,000 price range and you do want to look at condition of body above all. biggest $$$$ can be spent getting body back in shape.

THANKS FOR SERVING, I CAME HOME 41 YEARS AGO TOMORROW FROM VIETNAM, US ARMY, COMBAT MEDIC! mERRY CHRISTMAS JAY

66 SS Chevyll
67 Elcamino
68 Malibu 2dr
69 Camaro Convertible
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 11, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Tim

glad you made it home safe, it is the medics that make infantry do our job. and hope you christmas and new year was a great one, and thanks for the advice, i know a camaro will be a lot i just want to start a project one just for free time while i have in army when not doing anything
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 11, 03:42 PM
r_w
Gold Lifetime Member
Robert

Re: New from Cali, in the army looking to buy 68 or 69 Camaro project

Best advice I ever saw was "keep it rolling." Back in the day I started a project on a VW bus, I was planning on frame off restoration. 6 months of great progress saw the engine gone through, most of the body work, etc, etc. All it lacked was finishing...7 years after that it went on ebay as I needed to move houses. The project just seemed too big once I lost momentum to get started on again.

On our camaro it's a different approach. One project at a time (rear springs this week), then get it rolling and drive it for a while. Still doing each project through to the detail, but a car than runs is a lot more motivating than one that will run one day...

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 11, 04:44 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

welcome to team camaro!
thank you for serving this great nation..

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 11, 08:17 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jason

Don't have a lead on a car for you, sorry. BUT, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for serving us folks back here at home, so we can enjoy the freedoms we have. Stay safe!

69 X-44/ 427BB/ M22/ 12 bolt
Muscle cars, more expensive than crack!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode