Hello from SoCal - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 11, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Rod

Hello from SoCal

Just joined today. Have owned two Camaro's previously, but currently without for many years. Finally have cracked and have been actively looking for a project car to make mine. Target is a '69 RS model. Don't want an SS trim as I plan to upgrade to an LS engine with a modern ECT transmission.
Thanks

Last edited by DjD; Mar 27th, 11 at 06:16 PM. Reason: solicitation removed...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 11, 04:50 PM
Senior Tech
Matt

Re: Hello from SoCal

Welcome Rod,

I moved to Boston last summer. I used to live in Fountain Valley. Sure miss that weather. Don't have any leads for you. When I was looking 11 years ago it took me 6 months to find my car. I know it is harder now. Good luck with your search.

Matt

Matt
67 RS, 406 small block, TKO600, Moser 12-bolt (3.73)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 11, 05:00 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

welcome to team camaro from NoCar

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 11, 05:48 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: Hello from SoCal

Welcome to team camaro!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 11, 06:20 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Hi Rod, we have plenty of areas set aside just for buying, selling and listing a wanted ad, so spend some time getting comfortible with the site and give the classifieds, members classifieds and forum classifieds a visit.

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 11, 01:04 AM
Senior Tech
Don

Welcome!
Shouldn't be to hard to find a nice project in SoCal.
Start with the Pomona and Long Beach Swap Meets.
A project that ran out of steam for one reason or another can be their loss and your gain.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 11, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome, Rod. As said, make sure you have the funds, tools, time, place, and patience for the project.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 11, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Rod

I have been running the numbers, making the plan, searching for a work space that is bigger than my garage (assuming a frame off level resto-mod), and working on finalizing the specifications. Want to make sure I go into this with my eyes wide open. I have found that many a person starts a project like this and then dies due to lack of funds or long term desire to finish the project.
I have a core group of friends that are trying to make sure that I don't bite off more than I can chew. But I believe that I can not wait anymore for my Camaro to become real. Something about being over the hill and not wanting to have any regrets about cars that feed my soul.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 11, 08:42 PM
Senior Tech
Don

The best advice I can give is to be realistic about the time and money you will need to put into a project.
Have a build plan.
Think about the final product
It will take much longer and more money than you think. period
The good news is that many of us here actually enjoy the project part.
Also, do something in regards to your project every day.
When you get bound up on one aspect of the project set that item aside and do something else.
Eventually it will come together.
Good luck.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 11, 09:00 PM
Senior Tech
Terry

Welcome Rod, Team Camaro is a great place to get input on Camaros. Be prepared for the obsessional neurosis of always wanting to take it a step further ...

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to society. The optimist invents the automobile, the pessimist seat belts, head rests, disc brakes, and air bags.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 11, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Rod

Thank you all for the kind words. I'm afraid that I've been a Camaro fan since I was 14 years old and saw my first '68 Camaro sitting out front of the local Chevrolet dealership. A LeMans Blue RS. Wow. I've had a '68 and a '70 1/2 already. But I haven't had one in the stable for about 30 years. Which is too long by half. So I have started the hunt. The Excel spreadsheet already is about 450Kb full of data on parts, cost estimates, time estimates, pro/cons for each item and I have only got about half of the parts or labor ops in it so far. As many of you have pointed out, it all comes down to planning. One other step that I plan to do is to also setup the priorities of what happens when so that if the money goes out to fast for one aspect I'll see it and either try to slow the project down or reduce expenditures until I can continue the plan. Unlike the feds, I can't print money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
1969, camaro, rally sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode