New to TC - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 11, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Matthew

New to TC

Hello everybody. I am new to the site but not to F bodies. I just picked up my Tahoe Turquoise 67 Hard top Base with 327 4 BBL, Powerglide column shift, 10 bolt 3.08 1 legger. Im the 4th owner and it appears to be very original and in some need of a little TLC. I have fallen in love with this car however, my wife has not but indulges me none the less. The Camaro has had 2 repaints and is currently painted what appears to be K code emerald turquoise. It has what I think is a pretty original deluxe turquoise interior. It has PB, PS, AC, and lap belts. The car is virtually rust free and is a van nuys built car. It was the 10250th car to roll off the line back in OCT 66 according to the VIN. It's not a neck snapping performer but I really wanted an unmolested original 1st year Camaro. Thinking about making it a floor shift console car. Im glad I found TC and all of you guys to share info and pics with. It seems like a real nice bunch of motor heads! I will post more pics this weekend but here is one from my phone. Take care guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	garage.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	21530  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 11, 03:06 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

Re: New to TC

welcome to team camaro...
nice car and color...
i like the auto on the col..
your wife will come around im sure..

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 11, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome, Matthew. Nice ride.
It may be easier to convince yourself to keep the column shift.
However, it can be done. You will need to extend the column harness to the newly relocated neutral safety switch from the column to the console shifter and get the manual linkage for the shifter to trans. Then the brackets for the console to bolt to the floor.

Extension harness can be made by hand, #12 wire for the starter and #16 wire for the reverse lights and a length of convoluted tubing to cover.

Thanks for serving.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 11, 04:30 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Welcome aboard! Right year, right color!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

-
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 11, 04:50 AM
Senior Tech
Hector

Nice car...welcome aboard..
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 11, 05:37 AM
Senior Tech
John

Welcome Matthew. Nice looking car.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 11, 06:35 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Welcome to Team Camaro. Nice car.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 11, 09:16 AM
Senior Tech
Adam

Welcome! Wing windows unite! Nice car!

67 RS/SS "YELR67"
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 11, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Matthew

Thanks guys for all the compliments. I really can't take any credit though as I bought the car in present condition. You guys have some really nice rides.Yes the column shift surprisingly is beginning to grow on me. I may just leave her true to form. It's a fantastic car. I get inside and it is 1967 in there. Take care brothers. @ Bill--Devil Dogs! I served with some Marines in Kandahar. Some of the best warriors in the business!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 11, 04:00 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Welcome to the site - glad you could join us and share info on your first gen

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 11, 05:03 AM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: New to TC

Welcome to team camaro!!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 11, 06:21 AM
Senior Tech

Hey Matt...welcome to the TC Crew. Great find!!!

Personally, I'd keep the Cam the way she is...not a lot of "unmolested" out there, eh? If it was a basket case, I'd prob think different.

As for the col shift? Why not keep it? I did, works just as well, gives ya more room down on the floor, and you'll get a more fav comments on it...unique!

Try the PG for a while and see how you like it. The only other thing I would consider would be disc brakes on the front...but again, see how you like the drums.

Bottom line...just put things on that you can unbolt... if you decide you don't like it, or want to sell if you have to, down the road, no big deal. IMHO

capt
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 11, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Matthew

Hey Ted,

Yeah I am really wanting to keep the car unmolested. I am warming to the column shift now and think I may keep it. I really love the color of it too. The drums are surprisingly capable and I do not really mind them. I don't go out and hammer the car though so they are more than adequate. I really love the originality of her. I took it in to work at the Army base here and my Soldiers were drooling all over it. It really gets a lot of compliments. Thanks for the welcome and the good advise. See you around.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode