New to Forum - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 11, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Lee

Garage
New to Forum

I am not currently a Camaro owner...but hope to be very soon! I am seriously looking at a few 1969 Z28(?) possibilities. Any recomendations for a qualified Camaro appraiser in the SE Wisconsin area? This site is amazing, its like reading a book!

Thanks,
Lee from Minneapolis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 11, 09:58 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Wink Re: New to Forum

1st - Welcome to Team CAMARO

2nd - If you are 'seriously' looking at Z's, then there's really only one person to consult with BEFORE purchasing a vehicle
Here's his link - http://www.z28camaro.com/consvcs.html

An inspection by a knowledgeable inspector is a truely minor expense when considering a collector muscle vehicle ...

1968 Convertible
Some trucks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V8 things - some of which float
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 11, 10:18 AM
Senior Tech
Camarodude67

Re: New to Forum

You can post info on the car here, there are a lot of Z/28 owners here and they know what to look for, they helped me last month.

Jeff G.
69 Verts
69 Z/28
66 Chevelle Ragtop

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 11, 11:37 AM
Senior Tech
John

Welcome Lee.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 11, 12:49 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: New to Forum

Welcome to team camaro!!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 11, 04:30 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Welcome to Team Camaro...

PRO.ST69orange

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 11, 04:56 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

welcome to team camaro!!
post any questions you have here!!..

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 11, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome, Lee. As said, nice to have you here and don't be shy, ask away.
Don't worry about being a member and not owning a Camaro, I'm still here, going through withdrawal, but with the brotherly love here, I'm making one day at a time.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 11, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Lee

Garage

Thanks all for the nice welcome. I have been eyeing at a particular self proclaimed Z28 in Madison, WI for some time. It is being offered at a classic car dealer and is now currently on Ebay. Can I post a link to the car here for comments on its originality? There are photos of the cowl tag, vin and DZ block. The car seems a little rough (maybe not a bad thing). I have given up golf, fishing and vacations for the past four years saving funds... I just don't want to get burned with a fake.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 11, 08:39 PM
Senior Tech
Brian

Welcome, Lee. Yes, you can post a link to the auction. Click on the icon that looks like a globe and past the link there. Be very careful when looking at Z/28s. GM made around 20,000 of them in '69, and there are usually at least double that amount on eBay at any one time! A Z/28 is the most faked car out there I believe.

Experience...... It's what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 11, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Lee

Garage

Below is the ebay link to the car. Besides the black grill and rear bumper, are any other comments from the experts?
Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Real-Deal-Numbers-Matching-1969-Z28-Camaro-/250797398441?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a64b099a9
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 11, 09:53 PM
Senior Tech
harvey

Welcome T.C.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 11, 07:56 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee N View Post
... Besides the black grill and rear bumper, are any other comments from the experts? ...
VIN and Cowl line up, a plus

Looks like a vehicle that was 'rode-hard-and-put-away-wet' a few times from picts
Missing AIR (smog) set-up and lots of odd detail pieces used under hood.
Trunk redone - would want to look it over carefully.
Lots of minor (visible) body under edge damage.
Lots of underframe bumps and scrapes - would want to look that over.
Little if any attention to detailing the underframe, underhood and other areas, like a normal collector quality vehicle would have had done.
Wear patterns on Brake/Clutch pedals would indicate Odometer is on second trip around ...

Little about actual car and it's provenance posted in ad - just a generic write-up about Z's ...

For future search;

VIN 124379N661349

Cowl;
69 12437 NOR360519
711 52 52
06A X33D80

Suffix;
V0604DZ
Partial;
19N661349

Others will chime in soon

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 11, 11:25 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

I'm always suspicious when I see a "Z28" with the wrong bumper guards.
Why in the world would anyone change those... hmmmmmmmmmm.

1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B LOS Build
1977 Camaro, 350(LM1), M20, 10 Bolt Posi, Purchased New, (SOLD)
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 11, 04:03 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

I didn't see any pics where you could tell, but if you go look at it, see what side the speedo cable hole is on on the firewall. It can be on either side on lots of models, but I htink all Zs were on the right of the steering column.

That ride needs lots of love. Mine is in similar shape (although it doesn't claim to be a real Z). It'll take lots of time and money to get it looking like it should.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode