New to this site - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 11, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Charles

New to this site

Hi All
I am new to this site and came to it while doing some research for my car.
Maybe someone can help.
I just pulled my 69 out of my garage i store it in for the first time in 3 years and the sitting is starting to show.
mind you it looks great to and untrained eye but to me I am at a cross road.
Little history on the car it is a 1969 RS Z/28 it is all number matching car
I bought in 1977 I have put 8k on it since I bought it done a number of things to it some right some wrong some just what they are
When I bought the car it had a factory Xram in the back seat and I still have it the car had no consul guages tach or any of that in fact it has a standard or low hood. It did have 4 bolt headers on it but during motor go thru I did in the early eighties I replaced them with some hookers and chuck them now I find out that was a mistake Oh well
I had the car a part in the eighties had it painted and what not freshened up the interior new door panels Carpet and installed consul guages and found a bezel put a factory 8grand tach and clock in. I did however keep everything I changed out and still have it
So where I am today is trying to decide the best route to go with it.
After 2 divorces the car has stood by me better than anything in my life (the dog died)so I owe it due justice
I am debating between a total disasembly and just cleaning it up good.
the flaws are the headliner has about a 2in split in it but it is the original headliner the drivers seat has a 1.5in split at the belting on the outboard side seem and again are the original seats
Other than a good cleaning it looks and runs great but is not a show car

So If I go into the full monty on it do I go back to the way I bought the car or do I put the Xram on leave the guages and go that route

I have no plans to sell it I am 55 so have some years leftso what would be the best worth for it

Thanks if you read through all my crap and I would appericate any input
Charles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 1st, 11, 01:02 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: New to this site

Welcome to team camaro!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 1st, 11, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: New to this site

Welcome, Charles. Merely my opinion, but do you feel the need to drive it now? Then drive it. The headliner & seat cover can be fixed/replaced.

You have installed over items, ie, gauges, tach, and the like, because you wanted them in the car at the time. Now they are as you wanted them back at time of purchase.

Or do you feel the need to tear it apart for a couple years to bring it back to its original state, then drive it? We ain't getting any younger.

JMT's. You might consider making it run for the summer, then tear it apart at the beginning of winter, if you decide then.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 1st, 11, 02:48 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G
Re: New to this site

Welcome to TC

As above, I agree...drive it now and then see how you feel in the fall

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
which way is the way

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode