Team Camaro Tech banner

1967 Camaro forever money pit! but I love it

846 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  1969 RS/SS DROPTOP 
#1 ·
Hello I am new here, my name is Scott. Although my Camaro it a serious money pit I still love having it. In the ten years I have owned it and the hugh amount of money spent on it and wwill spend on it iI can honestly say there is not a single day that I have ever had or felt "buyers remorse." As much trouble this car gets me in, even though I am a good person and a safe driver, there will never be a reason for me to give it up. I hope that all who have a Camaro and love it, love it as much as I do mine. It not just a car it is a part of the person who owns it. it is the passion of the look, and the feel of the wheel that draws me in.
peace.
S.D.

#3 ·
I am looking forward to reading more about your story. Your style of writing inspires me to continue with my restoration details. After all, IMO, it isn't done till I die. I feel no remorse but feel it was somewhat of a mistake to make it a ground up. I became somewhat obsessed with the project when it was in the middle of getting it back together and it affected my family relationship and work performance. The rewards have come along the way with the relationships I have built and the greatest so far has been just recently through the "first ride". I managed to get my father to drive it with me in shot gun. Sitting with him while he was driving felt like a time machine 30 years back. The feeling about me is I cannot loose the perseverance to quit even if I wanted to. Most around me thought/think/say it was a mistake to build yet I too have never honestly felt remorse. I won't lie to myself about that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.