Hello from Husker Land Nebraska - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 11, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Rob

Talking Hello from Husker Land Nebraska

Good day everyone, My name is Rob coming to you from Bellevue, Nebraska. Here is my intro:Born and raised around a DYI budget drag racing father who had everything from 55-57 Chevys, Split bumper Camaros, 4x4 camaros, 60's and 70's Novas, S-10 454 truck, Gremlins with SBC, 340 Duster, BB Dodge RT, you name it I have probably seen it. Just wished I could have gotten even half of his knowledge before his passing.In his honor and my dream, I have a 67 Camaro that I am doing in my own garage which will always remain natural asperation SBC. I have a 406 that I am currently dropping in a Doug Herbert Cam solid, just picked up a set of 186 dbl hump heads, and have a tunnel ram with matching holley 450's. TCI TH-350 with an Art Carr 5600 stall and trans brake, working on freshing the 9" ford and will be relocating the shocks and leafs. 325x50xr15 meats going in the back on Weld Pro-Stars, MSD 6AL, full length headers with 3" collectors, sub frame connectors and lift bars, elec fuel and water pump along with fans.Current Tasks and agenda in no specific order:

1. Clean engine bay, remove heater core and smooth firewall

2. Remove wiper motor and all assemblies, clean and reprime under cowl

3. Redo wiring

4. Trim and Cut Fiberglass hood

5. Put in solid motor mounts

6. Replace mount on cross member

7. Add drive shaft loop

8. Install new Hurst Pistol Grip Shifter

9. Replace original seats with harness seats

10. Replace all weather stripping

11. Fix quarter window rails

12. Install drag shocks all the way around

13. Freshen up Rear with new everything

14. Relocate shackles and shocks in rear

15. Change to a fuel cell and install in trunk

16. Relocate battery to rear

17. Mount new tires

18. Replace steering wheel

19. Sand and primer body

20. Tint Windows
Just to name a few!!That about sums it up for right now, a life long dream and project that has been on hold for about the last 7 years. It has been driven and was already a nice street rod shortly after I bought it from a ford dealership back in 2002. Now I want it radical. Being in the Army, I was away and had the car stored in my parents garage. Was fortunate enough to get an assignment close to home just before retirement so I brought it out to start working on it. I know a little and can do a lot but I don't know everything so I will be hitting you guys up a lot for information and thoughts on stuff before I get to into it making sure I dont go down a bad road and will take in all your lessons learned. This is a great site and I have been referencing it for some time. Just finally got around to joining. Look forward to meeting a lot of you and working alonside while conversing with everyone. Hope I am eventually able to give back as much as I have already received from this site. Take care and see you all around. I will post pics when necessary and keep you all informed of my progress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 11, 02:09 AM
Senior Tech
John

Re: Hello from Husker Land Nebraska

Welcome Rob. I dont know much but can do a lot as well. And with the help from TC you dont need to know much. You made a punch list so thats a start.

Good luck and thank you for serving my Country.

John Schamp, MSgt, USAF (Retired)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 11, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome, Rob. Thanks for serving. Enjoy the membership.
Nice list and I'll warn you about being gigged for pictures from other members.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 11, 05:05 AM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: Hello from Husker Land Nebraska

Welcome to team camaro!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 11, 07:10 AM
Senior Tech
Jess

Welcpme! Ah the 67, I kind of like those... Wheres the pics...

Jess67
67 Camaro Blue 427, 4-speed, 12 bolt
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 Camaro 350, 200-4R, PS, AC, PB, IN PARTS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
camaro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode