1969 Hello from Texas - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 11, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Jim

1969 Hello from Texas

I want to introduce myself and project to the forum. I am am working on a car I've owned for nearly 30 years, bought it as a basket case from a kid in Indiana that had torn nearly everything off the car and lost half of it.
The car was stored in my Dad's barn for 25 years, had many would be buyers try to buy the car over the years. I moved the car to a shop to get the body work and rust restoration completed about 4 years ago, 1 year later the barn burned, so i'm very fortunate that the car was saved, too bad for all the interior, console with gages, steering column and wheel, glass, misc hardware that was lost to the fire. I recently got the car out of the shop and back to my garage as the progress had slowed to a halt. I am starting to pick up many of the lost parts and get to work. My first goals are steering and stopping. I owe a lot to this forum as i have de-coded the cowl tag, learned that the car had a rear end swap at some time, learned all about the new steering box install and many other bits of info that can not be found anywhere else. I will try to post pictures and provide some updated information as to sourcing parts and installation details so i can contribute to the site.
I am located near Austin Texas, am looking to find out about swap meets and shows in central TX.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	side view.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	23391  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 11, 08:26 PM
Senior Tech
darrell

Re: 1969 Hello from Texas

hey jim -glad you came to hang out with us--i live in central tx too, brenham--i make most all good swap meets and my partner goes with me just to find pulleys and original ralley wheels believe it or not--he has several deep groove pulley sets all matching #s for camaro and chevelle--taillightking.com has a list of all the up and coming--humble and conroe are a must -they got it all
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 11, 09:12 PM
Senior Tech
Jess

Welcome Jim, sorry you lost your parts. Glad you still got the car. That was most of the fun for me was hunting the parts...

Jess67
67 Camaro Blue 427, 4-speed, 12 bolt
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 Camaro 350, 200-4R, PS, AC, PB, IN PARTS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 11, 09:37 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: 1969 Hello from Texas

Welcome to team camaro!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 11, 03:26 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Welcome from another Texan. I live in Spring Tx. I have a friend fixing to sell a bunch of parts. PM me if you are interested. He lives in Atoscitita which is near Humble.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 11, 04:16 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Welcome from another Texan Jim...I live in San Antonio, Austin is just right up the street...

Mike
U.S Air Force Retired
68 RS/SS, 396 BBC .060 over, M-20, 373 12 Bolt, factory color Island Teal blue, redline bias ply tires.

1965 Corvette Coupe, 327 L76 365 Horse, M-20 Close Ratio, 370 Gear, Milano Maroon, goldline bias ply
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 11, 04:43 AM
Senior Tech

Howdy! I'm a few miles SW of you in Spring Branch. I think there is a swap meet in Fredricksburg this or next weekend. There's a few people from Austin that frequent this board.

Ron
The

An exercise in interchangeability on a Well optioned 67 SS 350 vert.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 11, 10:11 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Sonny

Garage

Welcome Jim to the TC site.

1969 Z28 (Sold)
1970 Z28 (Sold)
1970 RS Z28 Camaro (Green)

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 11, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Jim

thanks for the warm welcome, the tailligtking web site is a great source for planning my swap meets over the upcoming months.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 11, 09:14 PM
Senior Tech

Welcome to the TC Crew, Jim. Sorry to hear of your loss of parts, but the main part was saved!

capt

Bumper sticker- I'm not SPEEDING
I'm QUALIFYING!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 11, 06:16 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Jim, I sent you a PM.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode