Newbie/Oldie back to my roots... - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old May 26th, 12, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Len

Thumbs up Newbie/Oldie back to my roots...

Hey there. My name is Bob. Just got myself another old Camaro, 67 to be exact. Last Camaro was a daily driver mid 11 second 2000 SS I sold a few years ago. Last OLDer Camaro was 20 years ago...an 82 Z28.

I did have a few Camaros before that though, lol (in no particular order):
1968 w/327 and PG (column shift)
1969 w/307 and PG (column shift)
1973 w/350 T-350
1974 Z-28 4 speed (nitrous)
1975 Type LT 350/T-350
77-1/2 Z28 406/T-400 (nitrous)
1978 Rally Sport 305/T-350
1985 IROC 305/AT
and the 82 Z mentioned above....and probably a few dozen other toys...Novas, V8 Vega wagon, Chevelles, Mustangs, El Caminos, etc, etc...holy crap, to have them all back these days, I'd be rich...lol.

Anyway, I just picked up a 67 (EX 6 cylinder car), now with a 327/4barrel and PG trans., and who knows what rearend...open 10 bolt is all I know.

Previous owner had it 12 years and in that time he replaced complete floorpans, rebuilt front and rear suspensions, converting to multi-leaf, re-did entire interior, swapped in the 327/PG combo out of a 67 Impala, he bolted on some longtube headers and a stainless 2 into 1 Flowmaster into two tailpipe stock style exhaust. I bought it mainly because I have back issues that prevent me from rolling around on the ground like the "old days" and doing all that mechanical work myself. It's a light blue-ish/silver color, but looks like it needs 1/4's sometime down the road. It also has a 600w stereo with a subwoofer in the trunk, lol. Not something I'd do, but sounds pretty darn good.

Bought it and drove it 85 miles home on the stock little 14" steel wheels & tires...which was an adventure, LOL.

Still un-decided on what to do under the hood. Leave it be? Build another 406? blah, blah, blah...who knows.

I'm also still un-decided on what to do to exterior. I got a brand new rear spoiler with it, but everybody puts a spoiler and a cowl induction hood on these, and I actually think it's pretty awesome to have a car that looks like it's a daily driver, a little different than most, with some character and patina...

I bolted on the Welds the 2nd day I had it. I may be getting old, but I ain't growing up!

sorry for the long first post....

Look forward to re-learning some stuff, learning some stuff, and hopefully sharing some stuff while I am here.

Anyway, here's a few pics:

67 Camaro coupe, 406, Turbo 350, 4000 stall, 430's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old May 26th, 12, 11:48 AM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: Newbie/Oldie back to my roots...

Welcome to team camaro!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode