New one in Indianapolis - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 12, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Anthony

New one in Indianapolis

I just sold my 2002 M5 having had the '69 Camaro itch for about 18 years. The car I purchased is definitely not an all original car, but is a very clean driver. Originally the car was Lemans Blue but is now finished in Cortez Silver with the black hockey stripe. It is an RS with SS badging. I'm still trying to figure out if it is a true SS car- I may never know as it is a pre X-Code car. The previous owner added a 427, T-10 and is currently running 4.56 gears. I'm excited to be here and even more happy to have realized a dream of owning one of these cars. My search was for one I didn't mind driving and perhaps lightly modifying. As with any older car purchase, time will tell if I got a good one, but my gut feels right.

I'd be interested in linking up with others around Indianapolis. If someone on here is from Indy and gets together often, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll be at Cars and Coffee on Saturday morning if anyone is out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 12, 06:43 AM
Senior Tech
Rob

Re: New one in Indianapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by domcenzo View Post
I just sold my 2002 M5 having had the '69 Camaro itch for about 18 years. The car I purchased is definitely not an all original car, but is a very clean driver. Originally the car was Lemans Blue but is now finished in Cortez Silver with the black hockey stripe. It is an RS with SS badging. I'm still trying to figure out if it is a true SS car- I may never know as it is a pre X-Code car. The previous owner added a 427, T-10 and is currently running 4.56 gears. I'm excited to be here and even more happy to have realized a dream of owning one of these cars. My search was for one I didn't mind driving and perhaps lightly modifying. As with any older car purchase, time will tell if I got a good one, but my gut feels right.

I'd be interested in linking up with others around Indianapolis. If someone on here is from Indy and gets together often, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll be at Cars and Coffee on Saturday morning if anyone is out.
Welcome to TC. Many great members with a ton of knowledge.

And where are the pictures?

Rob

Sold 6-1-2014 after owning the car for 18+ years

69 Z-28 X-77 HO * DZ Put away * M20 * 4.10
406 CI * CC XR274R 236/[email protected] 564/570 110 LSA/106 ICL * Brodix IK 200
475 HP, 495# tor
Street Tires, Full Exhaust Sep 07 -12.68 @ 113 MPH * Street Tires, Open Headers Oct 08 - 12.65 @ 116.2 MPH
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 12, 08:17 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

Welcome, Anthony! With 4.56 gears, I can see why you want to stay around Indy. I'm about an hour SSE of Indy down I-74.

Experience...... It's what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 12, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome aboard, Anthony.

In retrospect, the Camaro is not the car the M5 is?
Two different worlds.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 12, 01:50 PM
Senior Tech
Darrell

Garage

Congratulations. I live south of Indianapolis near Franklin. We should meet sometime, maybe at the Sud's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1968 Camaro, GM Performance ZZ4, TH350 W/Shift Kit, Sanderson Headers, MagnaFlow SS Exhaust, Vintage Air, Unisteer Rack, Dakota Digital, Ididit Column, Eaton Posi, 4 Wheel Disk Brakes, Custom Stripes
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 12, 04:11 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

It's been a few years, but I've been to the Suds a few times. This weekend is shot, but might have to sneak up there the following weekend. I'll let you know. I work in Columbus, so I'm not that far south of you.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 12, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Anthony

Agreed. Even my kids tell me their heads don't hit the back of the seat like in the M5. With headers, 3.45 diff and some other things done, it was a quick car. But, driving the Camaro seems so much more enjoyable, even at 20 miles an hour.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 12, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsego View Post
Congratulations. I live south of Indianapolis near Franklin. We should meet sometime, maybe at the Sud's.
Have you ever thought of running up to Cars and Coffee on the north side? Meridian and 465 starting at 10am on Saturdays. I'll be there tomorrow morning. Would love to meet up sometime. There are 3 67-69 F-Birds within about a mile of me too.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 12, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsego View Post
Just looked up your car with your link. Nicely done.

Definitely glad to have found this site. There is absolutely a lot of knowledge here. Great resource!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 12, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Anthony

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340387674.041233.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	29059
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340387835.448895.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	29060
I've been traveling so much that I haven't taken many pics. But here you go.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 12, 04:25 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: New one in Indianapolis

Welcome to team camaro!! From Tennessee here but have traveled to Indy every year since 1982 for the US. NATIONALS at Raceway park over the labor day weekend. This year will make 30 years in a row!!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 12, 05:48 PM
Tech Team
Mike

Welcome...I am too a Hossier, and in Kokomo. I have a similiar story, in that I have wanted a 69 since I was 7 (now 37). I traded my 2000 WS-6 Trans Am straight up for mine. Albeit, mine was not as nice as yours when I brought it home. I sometimes miss the LS1 and six speed ( I could just jump in and drive anywhere and get 26 mpg) But I would not trade mine for anything now. Beautiful car, and congrats! This is the place for any questions...I have asked a ton while working on mine.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 12, 05:52 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

Welcome.

Nice color combo.

1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B LOS Build
1977 Camaro, 350(LM1), M20, 10 Bolt Posi, Purchased New, (SOLD)
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 12, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ42N8SON View Post
Welcome...I am too a Hossier, and in Kokomo. I have a similiar story, in that I have wanted a 69 since I was 7 (now 37). I traded my 2000 WS-6 Trans Am straight up for mine. Albeit, mine was not as nice as yours when I brought it home. I sometimes miss the LS1 and six speed ( I could just jump in and drive anywhere and get 26 mpg) But I would not trade mine for anything now. Beautiful car, and congrats! This is the place for any questions...I have asked a ton while working on mine.
Perhaps you and I can tackle an LSx T56 swap someday in the future. In my opinion, that combo can't be beat.

If you ever make it down this way for a show, let me know. I need to get up to Noblesville to the square on a Saturday night.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 12, 04:08 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

Nice looking car, Anthony. My cousin lives in Noblesville. We need to set something up and meet up there sometime.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode