New here and need help preparing! - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 12, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Andrew

New here and need help preparing!

Hey everybody, I'm Andrew.I'm currently driving a 2011 Chevy Cruze and I'm a Moderator over on Cruzetalk.com. In the next year or two, I'll be buying my very own 1969 Camaro after lusting after all my Dad's first gens throughout the years and I'll be getting ready to also start restoring it. It won't be a full restoration, though. My plan is to start with a semi restored car because this will be a daily driver. When I've gotten everything together, I plan to drop a LS3 crate drivetrain into it with the four speed auto (so my wife can drive it) and the rest will look as close to stock as possible. I'll be starting a thread soon to get info from as many of you as possible and make a list of what I'll need to pull this off- the planning before the work. Every part of this car will be put into a build thread, however slow it may go, from start (the day I pick it up) to finish (which we know will never happen). I really look forward to getting to know each of you, and hope I can help you as much as you help me- that's what it's all about right?

Thanks for having me!
Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 12, 05:26 PM
Senior Tech

Re: New here and need help preparing!

Welcome to the TC Crew,.

Super legacy to get...a '69 Camaro. Also glad to see that you made it all the way to the top of the car totem pole, eh?

Your key words..."slow it may go"...only way to go.

There'll be others throwing out the welcome mat...right now, most are going ga ga over the new gal coming on site... they tend to do this when a female comes aboard.

Good luck on your intended venture.

capt

Bumper sticker- I'm not SPEEDING
I'm QUALIFYING!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 12, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Andrew

Thanks! Yeah, that's the way it goes on most car forums, always the girls that get it, lol. I should also mention that I do photoshop work over on the Cruze forum and it's gotten a lot of use. If there is something anybody wants to see done to their car, let me know and I'll get to it! I'd really like to start finding a donor car, with just a good body and interior to start with, but if someone ends up selling a decent '69 ready to roll, I may pick that up instead.

-Boats

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 12, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome, Andrew.
Good luck in your venture.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 12, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Andrew

Everett, you're in VA Beach? That's fantastic!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 12, 08:18 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Andrew Welcome to TC. Always good to know a photo-shop guy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 12, 06:41 AM
Retired
Jim

Andrew welcome to TC... hit the specific sections of our forums anytime, You will find alot of answers and great folks to help out.

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 12, 07:17 AM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats4Life View Post
Hey everybody, I'm Andrew.I'm currently driving a 2011 Chevy Cruze and I'm a Moderator over on Cruzetalk.com. In the next year or two, I'll be buying my very own 1969 Camaro after lusting after all my Dad's first gens throughout the years and I'll be getting ready to also start restoring it. It won't be a full restoration, though. My plan is to start with a semi restored car because this will be a daily driver. When I've gotten everything together, I plan to drop a LS3 crate drivetrain into it with the four speed auto (so my wife can drive it) and the rest will look as close to stock as possible. I'll be starting a thread soon to get info from as many of you as possible and make a list of what I'll need to pull this off- the planning before the work. Every part of this car will be put into a build thread, however slow it may go, from start (the day I pick it up) to finish (which we know will never happen). I really look forward to getting to know each of you, and hope I can help you as much as you help me- that's what it's all about right?

Thanks for having me!
Andrew
Curious? What made you go into the "Cruze" line in the first place? Will have to drop into your site.

capt

I'm QUALIFYING!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 12, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Andrew

I originally was going to buy the '69, but my wife said we needed something good on gas (she would). The Cruze is an amazing car, but it's just not what I want, so it's time to trade up! I do have a cold air intake and a trifecta tune with a solid upper engine mount, but the turbo back exhaust had to be changed if I was going to sell it, lol.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 12, 05:26 PM
Senior Tech

Thanks for getting back.

Enjoy the site,

capt

I'm QUALIFYING!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 12, 05:48 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Accidental double post

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:

Member # 159

Last edited by Andrew69; Jul 3rd, 12 at 06:26 PM.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 12, 05:55 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Hey Andrew; welcome to Team Camaro. (I think that I'll be able to remember your name )
You're lucky that you have one of the most knowledgeable guys (Everette) right down the road from you. Keep us posted of your progress.

Regards,
Andrew

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:

Member # 159
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 12, 06:05 PM
Senior Tech
Eric

Welcome Andrew,I have a 2012 Cruze LT also,really like the gas mileage,and a'69 Camaro coupe with a '67 L30, don't like it's gas mileage so much though,lol.

'69 Camaro, w/'67 L30 327 .030, L79 cam, 700DP, M20, 3.73 12 Bolt
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 12, 06:27 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Welcome to Team Camaro I've been here a few years almost banned a few times but they cant get rid of me...lol...I am a Pro-Street guy and now to my pleasure we have our own forum section.Good luck and keep pluggin you'll get it.How tooled up are you this is most peoples troubles having the tools to do the work...

PRO.ST69orange

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 12, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Andrew

Thanks everybody!

Prostreet, my dad's last '69 was also pro street, 650 out of a 350 with a 300 shot, definitely a fun car. Wish he still had it.

X33D80, I'm going to have to get in touch with Everett when I finally get my hands on my Camaro. I'll be keeping it pretty close to how it comes until I can afford the LS3 swap, but it's always good to plan, that's why I'm here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode