Happy to be here - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 12, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Brandon

Happy to be here

Well, I've wanted a Gen 1 Camaro for as long as I can remember and I finally got me one. bought this last Saturday. Needs some TLC inside and under the hood but runs and will run even better with a little attention.

Obviously an engine wiring harness is tops on my list. I'm working on removing the blue pinstripe. I'm also going to sand Tweety smooth then sand the rest of the spoiler and paint it satin black with a rattle can. Hopefully if I take my time it won't look like it was painted with a rattle can. I can do that cheap and put the money it would take to repaint it professionally and spend it under the hood. It's a great 20 footer, looks amazing from a little bit away but up close you can see it's not the best paint job in the world. Also, I'm pretty sure it's not a real SS and the vinyl roof is not stock. Still, I'm not complaining, it looks good, it runs, and best of all, IT'S MINE!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	keeper 2 small.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	29695  

Last edited by withac; Oct 7th, 12 at 09:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 12, 09:52 PM
Senior Tech
Jimmie-Retired

Re: Happy to be here

Great car to start with. A little TLC as you can afford it. If the car is a factory color, you can get factory color mixed in a rattle can at many automotive paint suppliers for about $20 bucks and repaint your spoiler.The "Tweety" is a bit much and has to go. Lots of folks here with bunches of knowledge. Welcome aboard.

Jim's '69
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

68 SS 396 4 speed A/C Bought New Sold 1976
68 350/350 A/C Bought 1978 $700 Wrecked
69 350 4 Speed Bought 1988
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 12, 02:35 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
terry

Welcome, Brandon. Car looks good.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 12, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome, Brandon.
Congrats on the buy.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 12, 06:32 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Welcome Brandon. Invest in a quality easy plug and play harness that you don't have to crimp and terminate your-self. If everything up from is stock take a look at American Autowire's http://factoryfit.com site. If modified there regular site http://americanautowire.com

As to Tweety Bird...pictures too small to see that or the pin stripe, but what is the bird? If its a Decal or sticker try one of these non destructive to the paint or spoiler methods first.

Steam is my first choice, if you don't have a steamer, use an iron on the steam setting and hold it an inch or two above the decal and blast it a few times with as much steam as the iron can deliver. After a while the edges of the decal or sticker should be pliable and slowly pull towards the rest of the sticker or decal to prevent it just snapping off in your hands.

Hair dryer, on low setting will also soften the decal. Or use a chemical remover such as "goof-off". If you use these methods You may not need to repaint unless the decal or sticker was used to hide damages.

looking forward to your progress updates.

Brian

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 12, 07:20 AM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: Happy to be here

Welcome to team camaro!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 12, 07:42 AM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Welcome to TC

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 12, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Brandon

A few of the tweaks I’ve given it. Nothing major, mostly cheap and cosmetic, but I still think it makes it look better.

Outside

http://s713.beta.photobucket.com/use...aro%20exterior

Inside

http://s713.beta.photobucket.com/use...aro%20interior

Under the hood

http://s713.beta.photobucket.com/use...r%20the%20hood

'69 coupe, 350 engine and trans, HEI Dist, headers, posi-track. It's a good 15 footer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode