New member from AZ - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 12, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Mike

New member from AZ

Hey folks first post to Team Camaro. I own a neglected 68 standard 327 coupe in need of attention. You all know how priorities go. I'm looking for some suggestions on reputable, reasonable repair shops in the Phoenix, Az area to help me get my 68 running. First priorities are engine, transmission, and brakes. Not looking to restore it but would love to have a weekend ride. Thanks for any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 12, 01:02 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Re: New member from AZ

Welcome to Team Camaro Mike. Sorry I can't give you any info for Phoenix, I live in Tucson but I am new to Arizona anyway so I am of no help even if you lived here...LOL!!

Look up a member here JAYARTER I think is how it's spelled. He has been around Tucson I think most of his life and was in the auto repair business. He may know of places to help. The trip to Tucson is right about 100 miles. Worth the drive if knows people here.

Just how much work do you need done? Entire remanufacture/rebuild of the engine? Trans? What are goals with the brakes...what do they need?

You may want to consider putting these in new posts on the fourms for the best coverage and getting answers to the engine, trans and brake questions.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 12, 04:50 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: New member from AZ

Welcome to team camaro!!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 12, 05:18 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Welcome Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 12, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome, Mike. Hopefully, other Phoenix members will help you out.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 12, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Harrison View Post
Welcome to Team Camaro Mike. Sorry I can't give you any info for Phoenix, I live in Tucson but I am new to Arizona anyway so I am of no help even if you lived here...LOL!!

Look up a member here JAYARTER I think is how it's spelled. He has been around Tucson I think most of his life and was in the auto repair business. He may know of places to help. The trip to Tucson is right about 100 miles. Worth the drive if knows people here.

Just how much work do you need done? Entire remanufacture/rebuild of the engine? Trans? What are goals with the brakes...what do they need?

You may want to consider putting these in new posts on the fourms for the best coverage and getting answers to the engine, trans and brake questions.
Joe, thanks for the lead. This is invaluable info. Looking forward to all the great advice and conversations.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 12, 09:51 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdirt View Post
Joe, thanks for the lead. This is invaluable info. Looking forward to all the great advice and conversations.
If your ever coming south let me know via PM and I'll have cold one for ya and you check out my 67 project...shoot the bull and tell some lies...

You have to check out HotRods of Vail for some eats, it's resto shop and builder with a restaurant and bar in Tucson.

http://www.hotrodsoldvail.com/

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 12, 10:16 PM
Senior Tech
JAY

Greetings from Tucson, Arizona
WELL....Mike, everything depends on what you want your Camaro to be, my 69 droptop is a driver, 350 GM Crate motor 300hp, 700r4 trans, 10 bolt posi rear. Been on the road about 4 years, drive great, but not the prettest on the street. I did most of the mechanicals myself and had it painted here locally. In what condition is your Camaro at this time? and what would you like it to be? Look at my photobucket for pictures on some of my cars........

Thanks Joe, and I'm still waiting for that veiwing of yours haha Jay

66 SS Chevyll
67 Elcamino
68 Malibu 2dr
69 Camaro Convertible
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 12, 11:55 PM
Tech Team
Jake

Hey mike, Sean britzius is doing an ls swap in my 69. He's the most knowledgeable and honest mechanic I know. He owns top gear motorsports in Mesa, az. I wouldn't trust just anyone to work on my baby....check him out!

1969 camaro with lq9/4l60e trans (3800 stall), hotchkis suspension, kor3 c6 brakes, boyd coddington pt-22 18in wheels
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 12, 10:30 AM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYARTER View Post
Thanks Joe, and I'm still waiting for that veiwing of yours haha Jay
It's getting closer to being on the road I am going to buy some fluids for her this week I hope. Then a few more little things I hope to crank her over in the coming weeks. No exhaust just open headers so the neighbors should love me.

-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 12, 01:00 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamarokid View Post
Hey mike, Sean britzius is doing an ls swap in my 69. He's the most knowledgeable and honest mechanic I know. He owns top gear motorsports in Mesa, az. I wouldn't trust just anyone to work on my baby....check him out!
So you're the one who owns the 69 in his shop.

2nd vote for Sean @ Top Gear Motor Sports. You can call him at his shop at 480-461-0240. Usually he or his dad David will answer.

I lived in Tempe for about 9 years till a few months ago. I now live in San Diego...

67 Camaro: 454/TH400/4.10 12 bolt. Lots of options: PS/PDB/PW, tilt, tach, gauges and more. K-K + 797-Z...

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy" - Sir Ernest Benn
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 12, 10:16 PM
Tech Team
Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWindows View Post
So you're the one who owns the 69 in his shop.

2nd vote for Sean @ Top Gear Motor Sports. You can call him at his shop at 480-461-0240. Usually he or his dad David will answer.

I lived in Tempe for about 9 years till a few months ago. I now live in San Diego...
She's my baby...he's also added another mechanic Mario who is top notch as well. You definitely will be glad you called him.

1969 camaro with lq9/4l60e trans (3800 stall), hotchkis suspension, kor3 c6 brakes, boyd coddington pt-22 18in wheels
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 12, 10:58 PM
Senior Tech
JAY

Hey Joe, when you're ready for some exhaust call my buddy Justin at Exhaust Works, 884-0909. He did a super job on my GTO, one of the best in Tucson IMO. Tell him you're a friend! J

66 SS Chevyll
67 Elcamino
68 Malibu 2dr
69 Camaro Convertible
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 12, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamarokid View Post
SSCamaroKid: This is what I'm looking for. Big time Thank You! I will definitely contact Top Gear Motorsports. Nice to hear that they multiple repeat customers here on TC.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 12, 01:01 AM
Tech Team
Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdirt View Post
SSCamaroKid: This is what I'm looking for. Big time Thank You! I will definitely contact Top Gear Motorsports. Nice to hear that they multiple repeat customers here on TC.

No prob def won't be disappointed!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
brakes, engine, phoenix, repair, transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode