New guy checking in - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 12, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
Jason

New guy checking in

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a car guy pretty much my entire life. Dad was a power train engineer in Michigan when I was growing up and drag raced a number of different Oldsmobiles. I have always been into Corvettes but am really close to pulling the trigger on this car here. Would actually be trading one of my vettes for this car if it happens.

http://s643.photobucket.com/albums/uu155/10radar01/

The car is currently in Vermont and just came off a rotisserie restoration a few months ago from someone in Tennessee. Just curious if anyone knows this car or has any info on it. I am pretty excited, but not getting my hopes up until it is sitting in my garage. I already have plans for it, but like I said, until it is in my possession not trying to get too excited.

Look forward to hopefully spending a lot time here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 12, 05:56 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

That's a great looking car. Hope you get it and it is as good as it looks.

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member # 159
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 12, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: New guy checking in

Welcome, Jason.
Good luck with the buy.
Nice looking Camaro.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 12, 07:05 AM
Guess

Thumbs up Re: New guy checking in

Welcome Jason.

I didn't see any of the numbers for that car in your pictures (I may have missed them). If you have the VIN number and the trim tag information, you can post them and\or do a forum search for them here, and also over at The Camaro Research Group web site. There's several people here and over on CRG's site that keep databases of all known numbers.
Join their forums as well if you haven't already.

Good luck!

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 12, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Jason

Thanks for the warm welcome. Heres a pic of the VIN:

Heres the trim tag:

And just another pic of it out in the wild:

I know that is a NOM car, but the motor that is in it is period and date correct or so Im told. I also know that it is not the original color or interior. These things do not really bother me as Im into that kind of thing so much. My intentions with the car are to get it stanced correct with some new wheels and tires and maybe down the road update the power plant and tranny. We'll see how my short attention span if I do actually get the car. Like I said, I will possibly be trading one of my vettes for this plus a little cash.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 12, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Jason

BTW, any help with this is greatly appreciated. Any comments positive or negative are also appreciated. I don't know a whole lot about these cars other than I have always kind of lusted after them. If there is something that indicates that I should turn and go the other direction about this car, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 12, 08:48 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

None of the three pics attached.

In the other pics she looks clean and straight. Worth the trade in MHO.

Just a few notes:
Loose the GM door decals.

Cowl Induction Air Cleaner is missing the rubber seal - easy to get and install. Also looks as if the hood relay and harness is also missing so assume the hood flapper door is not functional or is missing. Could be that it was an recent addition and parts necessary to make it functional are missing.

Shifter ball is incorrect. Should be chromed metal ball not plastic white.

So I guess its also dependent on what your use of the vehicle is. As a daily casual driver she is perfect. As a show car I'll let the detail guys here comment, I'm not an Z28 expert for show judging.

Brian

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 12, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Jason

Lets try it this way, seems I have to wait for approval from a moderator to post pics from here.

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 12, 08:59 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS163 View Post
Lets try it this way, seems I have to wait for approval from a moderator to post pics from here.

Ah that's better.
See my notes in the above post.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 12, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
None of the three pics attached.

In the other pics she looks clean and straight. Worth the trade in MHO.

Just a few notes:
Loose the GM door decals.

Cowl Induction Air Cleaner is missing the rubber seal - easy to get and install. Also looks as if the hood relay and harness is also missing so assume the hood flapper door is not functional or is missing. Could be that it was an recent addition and parts necessary to make it functional are missing.

Shifter ball is incorrect. Should be chromed metal ball not plastic white.

So I guess its also dependent on what your use of the vehicle is. As a daily casual driver she is perfect. As a show car I'll let the detail guys here comment, I'm not an Z28 expert for show judging.

Brian
Thanks for the input. I also knew that the cowl induction was not hooked up as the current was up front with me about that. I would just need the parts to get it working correctly. As for the door stickers, these as well as most of the body emblems would probably eventually come off. The cars primary use would be weekend cruiser that will be slightly modded with wheels and stance adjustment as well as the occasional car show.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 12, 09:24 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS163 View Post
Thanks for the input. I also knew that the cowl induction was not hooked up as the current was up front with me about that.
That being said how do you feel about anything else the CO has said in your negotiations? Engine been rebuilt? Are the block castings, stampings and dates correct?

Quote:
I would just need the parts to get it working correctly.
Yes all the parts are reproduced, sold at all the majors and it is a good Saturday project.

Quote:
As for the door stickers, these as well as most of the body emblems would probably eventually come off. The cars primary use would be weekend cruiser that will be slightly modded with wheels and stance adjustment as well as the occasional car show.
Sounds like a great car then for your needs. Let us know how it goes.
Brian

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 12, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Jason

I am told it is a DZ motor that is period and date correct, as well as the carb, intake heads etc., just not the original. That is why I'm attempting to track down the restorer to see what he says. Currently waiting on the CO to respond to an email.

I will definitely keep you all posted. Once/if I get a deposit and have shipping dates nailed down, new wheels, tires and some other goodies will be ordered.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 12, 11:53 AM
Guess

The first set of pics of the VIN and cowl tag show for me. As far as needing moderator approval to post pics, that is a known glitch that recently popped up and we're TRYING to take care of it.

1 = Chevrolet
2 = Camaro
4 = 8-cylinder engine
37 = coupe body
9 = 1969 model year
N = Norwood, OH assembly plant
613621 = vehicle serial number sequence

Decode for body number: 278255

02D = Built the Fourth week of February.
69-12437 = Coupe.
NOR = Built in Norwood Ohio.
711 = Standard Black Bucket Seats.
61-61 = Car Color is Burnished Brown
X33 = Z28 with style trim

The dash panel on that car has been replaced. The squared opening for the VIN plate tells that. The original dash had rounded corners and a stamped dimple where the tag attached. Not a big deal really. In fact it tells you that the rusted out dash and top of the cowl where the windshield lays has been replaced\repaired.
As long as the hidden partial VINs on the opposite side of the cowl and under the heater motor cover match that tag, you're golden.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 12, 12:51 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

nice color too

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 12, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
nice color too
The original color or the color now? I personally like the black that it is now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode