Back on the road after 20 years. - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 12, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Brian

Back on the road after 20 years.

I wanted to share some pictures of my '67 SS/RS that made it back on the road for the first time since 1992. This is my first post to Team Camaro. It sat in my father's garage and then mine while I was in the Air Force. I finally set my mind to get it running again in February. After a carb rebuild, new rocker arms, new push rods, new American Autowire dash harness, rewiring most of the engine compartment, new battery, new gas tank sender, new master cylinder, and 4 new wheel cylinders she was ready. Drove her on the road for the first time a week ago.

I spent many, many hours on Team Camaro finding answers to my problems. What a great site. Thank you everyone for the knowledge here.

I still have a long way to go towards getting her mechanically sound, but getting to drive her has really inspired me. I also went to Cruisin' the Coast on Saturday which really inspired me. My Camaro unfortunately isnít ready to make the trip yet.

I have one major problem I haven't been able to figure out yet. My Muncie will shift into gear ok, but the shifter flops around like it's in neutral. It stays in gear though. My Muncie is a Frankenstein with a '70 to '74 main case, a '63 to '65 tailhousing with driver side speedo, and an early side cover 3884685 with stud type shift shafts. No idea what's inside. And I have a Hurst Competition Plus shifter.

I need to get the shifter problem fixed, still need new tires, needs more tuning, but afraid to take it to speed because of 30 year old tires, and has many other minor things needing repair. My future plans are new tires, new disc brake conversion at least on the front, and then further down the road I would like to upgrade the suspension.

Brian

'67 SS/RS 350, Muncie M20, Black with black interior.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 12, 11:25 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
tom

Re: Back on the road after 20 years.

welcome aboard, your story sound very much like mine and your car looks very much like mine. my car is very close to completion but not there yet i have owned it since 78 (my first car) and started the resto alittle over 3 years ago still need a radio, the pic is acouple of weeks old but now it has rallye on it hte last big hurtle for me is charging the va system the radio won't be in for another month (mikehagan) but your car looks great hows it feel to drive it after all these years.

thanks tom
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 12, 01:45 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: Back on the road after 20 years.

Welcome to team camaro!!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 12, 02:04 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Looks great! Welcome (and thanks for your service!)!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SB 406/700r4/3.55 posi/Hotchkis Stage 2 TVS/Delphi 600 Series PS Box/Holley Terminator EFI
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 12, 02:18 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Very nice job Bri. Keep plugging at the punch list and she will be at the next cruise.

Brian

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 12, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Brian

123, It felt so good to drive it after working on it for so many months. Looking forward to when I get all the bugs worked out and when I can upgrade the brakes.

Brian

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 12, 05:36 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Joel

Welcome , and as mentioned thanks for your service. As you already know there are a lot of folks here that have answers for any question or problem you have. There no way I could have completed my 3 year 67 rebuild without everyone here at TC well worth the membership cost. Just ask and you will get your answers you need. Great looking car too!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 12, 02:02 PM
Senior Tech
T.C.

Welcome to the site officially Brian! The car looks great, but I am a big fan of black 67 RS cars! Do you have anything planned for it or just get in it and drive it finally?

Again looks great!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 12, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Suspension View Post
Welcome to the site officially Brian! The car looks great, but I am a big fan of black 67 RS cars! Do you have anything planned for it or just get in it and drive it finally?

Again looks great!
I plan on putting new tires on it in the next couple weeks. I hope to upgrade the brakes to disc by the end of the year. And down the road I would like to replace the suspension so it will turn on a dime. No plans to race but I want it to drive the roads very well.

Brian

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 12, 01:04 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Joe

Fantastic car, Brian. Congrats on getting her back on the road and best of luck with your future plans.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 12, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome, Brian, and Thanks from another Vet.
Nice ride, it will get there - make a list.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 12, 04:37 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Sonny

Garage

Welcome Brian and very nice looking car.

1969 Z28 (Sold)
1970 Z28 (Sold)
1970 RS Z28 Camaro (Green)

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 12, 06:11 AM
Guess

I'm also a fan of black RS 1st gens. It's the ultimate look for me. Even non-69's.

Welcome Brian.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode