19 and just bought my first 67 - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 12, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
El Camaro 67

19 and just bought my first 67

just yesterday i got my summer love, a camaro 67. the reason why i choose a 67 is simple, there is not a 66, meaning that it was the FIRST ever. i have a long road ahead am planning on a total restauration, I dont want it factory original, I want it better. its an LA car and does not have much rust
I will be uploading pictures of the car and the process later on...but what i really need is some advise from the people the has been there and done that. any tip on where to start will be appreciated. thank you and have a wonderful day (which if you drive a camaro you will)
-LONG LIVE CHEVY CAMARO!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 12, 10:16 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Re: 19 and just bought my first 67

Welcome to Team Camaro. I'm glad we got another Carolina car on here.

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member # 159
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 12, 10:54 AM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing the pics of your project...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 12, 11:16 AM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Welcome, take a look at my link. I bought mine made it run and drove it many, many miles and then took it apart. Maybe some ideas there? If not feel free to ask!!

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 12, 02:04 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Welcome aboard. You have very good taste in cars for a young guy.

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

-
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 12, 04:22 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Welcome to TC I think first of all you need to look at ur wallet and decide from there.These projects can snow ball.

PRO.ST69orange

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 12, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcomne to the Club.
As Dave says, Snowball Effect takes precedence, and Murphy moves in.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 12, 04:34 PM
Senior Tech
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgavaz View Post
just yesterday i got my summer love, a camaro 67. the reason why i choose a 67 is simple, there is not a 66, meaning that it was the FIRST ever. :
Yeah, but they didn't get them right until 69.

Good luck with the project. How much "better" do you want to make it? Are you looking at suspension upgrades? Brakes? Powertrain?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 12, 08:34 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Roger

Welcome to the site. When you have a question, the Search feature of the site can be your friend. There is a lot of info in the old threads.
We have some things in common. A 67 was my first Camaro too but that was 45 years ago and we shear the same birthday.

Roger

1967 Camaro SS/RS 350/295HP Coupe. First and only owner.

Last edited by rogerh; Dec 2nd, 12 at 09:34 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 12, 08:50 PM
Michael

Hello to a fellow North Carolinian and first generation owner!

Here's my advice based on my own experience and from having work done by a resto shop:

Step One - PHOTOGRAPH EVERYTHING. Even though you plan to do something beyond stock restoration, photos taken before disassembly and during disassembly can be invaluable. Even though you're only 19, memory of details can still fade by the time you're ready to reassemble some of those parts. And, if there's originality in the car, the photos can provide proof of date codes, casting numbers, etc. that might be valuable info later.

Step Two - BAG ALL SMALL PARTS and mark them as to where they came from. Same memory problem applies here.

Step Three - Get an Assembly Manual. The factory assembly manuals have been reproduced and are often available at the bigger swap meets (think Charlotte Autofair). They are real handy when putting stuff back together. I keep mine in three-ring binders.

Step Four - Stay disciplined and try to get a little bit of the work done a few nights each week if possible. It's hard to put a whole car back together just on the weekends and everything takes longer than you think it will. Remember, those rebuild shows on cable show have been highly edited to fit the designated time slot and you probably don't have that many people working on your car simultaneously.

There's my basic advice.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 12, 10:48 AM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: 19 and just bought my first 67

Welcome to team camaro!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode