New old toy - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 12, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

New old toy

Hello guys and gals, I am Rick from Collingwood Ontario Canada, In 1977 I purchased a 1969 rs/ss camaro conv. hugger orange,hockey stick stripes,300 horse 350 3 speed auto. loved that car !! In 1983 I sold it,got married and bought a house yeah should have avoided the drama and kept the car !! So 29 years later 69 camaros and certainly convertibles are out of my price range. So I have bought a 67 rs camaro. Pretty good shape for the most part. Most pressing concern is the left rear subrame has some rot just behind the the leaf spring connector front end, not shackle end. Originaly siera fawn with gold deluxe interior now bolero red with half black interior(all hard parts now painted black with black carpet) original seat covers,kick,rear and fold down seat carpet still in gold, headliner has been redone ina different gold. Do I replace interior with black or go with gold ? Was either a 2 speed or 3 speed console car not sure yet but has a 3 speed turbo400 with a cable shift [email protected] shifter now, 4 leaf 12 bolt rear end ? powerglides were single leaf. Question I thought all turbo 400's were linkage not cable ? I want to put a repro shifter and console back in it. That is enough for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 12, 09:21 PM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Re: New old toy

Welcome Ric, post up some pics of the new toy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 12, 10:10 PM
Senior Tech
Dan

Hey Rick, I've been to Collingwood many times. I worked for LOF / Pilkington for 18 years and would visit our plant up there often. Beautiful little town you got there. So welcome to the site! I'm sure you'll find all the answers here as there are some very knowledgeable folks here. Oh, and X2 on the pics!

1968 RS/SS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 12, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Hi guys thank you, Dan I work in the Collingwood LOF/Pilkington plant. 28 years of breaking glass !! I work on the "sunline" if that confuses anyone the glass grinding machines we use were made by the SUN tool company. I also work on the Bystronic line when needed. I will see if I can post a couple pics ?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 12, 06:02 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Rick sounds like a good project.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 12, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

[Attachment 31393

Attachment 31394

Here it is, I picked it up in a little town 5 hours north of Collingwood on the 13th december it had snowed the night before, but the roads were dry for the drive home ! First time the car has seen snow probably in 40 years. The hideaway's don,t work some one has pulled all the wires ! Thats how I found this site looking for a wiring diagram. Now I have to put them all back together to find out what was wrong in the first place !

Last edited by Ric67; Dec 28th, 12 at 07:17 AM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 12, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Hey Brian . The hard part is done which is the new floor, Some guy in its past did an incredible job ! Finding someone to repair or replace the rear frame section is going to be a challenge, because that is way out of my skill set. The whole rear body is a-one but two doors and a fender are in its future,
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 12, 06:40 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bill

Great looking 67. Let me be the first of many to tell you that a cowl hood and rear spoiler did not come on a 67. Take a look at my sig to see how a know. I hear all the time!
I like it though. You got the right year! Did you confirm it's an RS by the cowl tag? Pretty sure 67 RS did not have electric doors on the headlights. They were vacuum driven. Great car, I am sure it will bring you many hours of fun and frustration all at the same time!

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 12, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Yes I already knew that. Yes I checked the cowl tag it is an rs, 67 was the only year of the electric doors, I had a 69 ss convertible a long time ago with vaccum doors (someone had pulled all the vaccum lines , the cannisters were rusted out etc etc) You guys should have tried finding parts 35 years ago there were NONE scrapyard hunting was the only way !!!! Now its point and click and a week later it arrives at your door !!! Watched the video the sound of a 60's muscle car brings back a lot of memories ! I know some people do not like the add ons but I love the look of the spoiler and the hood !
Rick

Last edited by Ric67; Dec 22nd, 12 at 07:18 AM. Reason: more to add
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 12, 08:25 AM
Senior Tech

Hey, welcome to the site, mid-northern Canuck.

As per colour of interior...are you staying with present exterior paint...or eventually going back to orig? Is the car a #'s matching? I think this will be main factor in inside choice. IMHO

Like your area, eh? There's a particular plant in Creemore that manufactures a certain product that I only buy now. Once tasted...ya won't go back! You know what I mean.

Good luck on your new venture.

capt
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 12, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Not #s matching, but the block may still be around. the guy I bought it off had a chance to have it put in but didn't know enough to do it ! So I will try and track it down. What I suspect is that it is a 327 210 hp 2 sp powerglide console shift car with a 12 bolt single leaf spring, what it has now is a turbo400 3 speed with a [email protected] shifter, originalshifter and console gone . it has a 12 bolt ,4 leaf spring rear which both of those went with the 327 275 hp car, MORE RESEARCH !!! One previous owner wrote gm and got back a list of options that were going to be on the car, but even their info is sketchy. according to them it was a power steering car but nope its not, the order and build sheets are the only true guides I know of. As for your favourite libatation the y are expanding !!
Rick
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 12, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Love the paint colour as it is, the interior hard stuff is all now black including dash pad and carpet, Headliner may be original gold and sails are gold, kick panels painted black, entire dash and door and rear metal tops painted black, I am tossed between going all black, or put gold in and leave the black parts as is for some future owner, its only been a week I have time to make up my mind. there must be 20 thousand left so it probably will be personal choice over exactly original. I am 55 and would like to drive it instead of tearin it apart.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 12, 09:03 AM
Senior Tech
Paul B

Hi Rick. I'm In Ajax, not that far from you. If it was originally sold in Canada contact GM vintage vehicle services. For $45 they send you all the info on the car, original dealer, purchaser, options, colours, etc. Also comes with some great tech info, such as specs for doing wheel alignments and stuff.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 12, 09:04 AM
Senior Tech
Paul B

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 12, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Ajax is a long way from Creemore ! Yes it is a canadian car I have the dealer(stratford) and former owners from the used vehicle package the first 5 all from Goderich, the other stuff will come in handy. I have been on the GM Heritage USA site. It will be interesting tracking all the info down ! My son played ball with some kids from Ajax on an elite team in Richmond Hill a few years ago, ring a bell ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode