Soon to be Camaro owner - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 13, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
David

Soon to be Camaro owner

Hello all,

Seems I'm sending my first post here. I'm in the process of buying my most beloved car, 1969 Camaro. Quite a few out there still. My oldest kids have left the nest so it's my turn. Good to be a part of the group.

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 13, 10:07 AM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: Soon to be Camaro owner

Welcome to team camaro!!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 13, 10:12 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Thumbs up Re: Soon to be Camaro owner

Welcome to Team CAMARO David

Think you're going to like it here

Oh, and we're going to need pictures soon

1968 Convertible
Some trucks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V8 things - some of which float
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 13, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
David

Re: Soon to be Camaro owner

Thanks for the warm welcome! I still have to commit to one but once I do I'll get some pictures up.

Thanks,
David
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 13, 10:39 AM
Team Member
Ty

Welcome...I am a new owner as well and know the feeling. Lets spoil oursleves and do it right.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 13, 10:58 AM
Kevin

Welcome David! How bout some pics of the Stovebolt? A couple of guys on here have them. I have a 51 3100 myself.

Kevin

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 13, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
David

Kevin,

She lost her Stovebolt a long time ago. The guys on another forum dubbed me Stovebolter and the name stuck and overflowed to other sites because the same members were also members there.

She's has an LS now and is still a slow work in progress. It is almost ready to fire up. I've been making equal length long tube headers for it. Shouldn't be much longer though.

Thanks,
David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	36a.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	32185  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 13, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
David

Here's my most recent. Built this 65 as a father and son project. Sorry, on my IPad and can't find a way to embed the picture link so here the page from the thread.

http://www.clubhotrod.com/hot-rod-ta...g-car-416.html

David
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 13, 04:40 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Its not a 69 but the next best thing.....I have seen this car in person very nice piece...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pro-S...orcev4exp=true

PRO.ST69orange

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 13, 06:28 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Welcome Stove!

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 13, 06:53 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Charlie

Garage

Welcome David,

Any Style, Condition, drivetrain you are looking for in particular? Budget? Need any locator help (we like to help and we work for cheap)?

Charlie
Edmonds, WA
1969 Camaro SS Vert LS1 T56
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 13, 06:58 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
George

Why a 69 when the correct year is clearly a 68?

J/k... well... maybe...

Anyway: budget, abilities, and desires. We can help you find the right car. I got REAL good at finding the right one a few months back!

Sold:
1968 Base hardtop 250 with a P̶G̶ built 2004r
Offy intake
Holley 390 CFM carb
Langdon split header to a 2.5" exhaust
Mild cam
Custom interior
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 13, 04:41 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
terry

Welcome Stove, glad to see another Arky on the forum. Looks like you are not new to the car world. With your ability you should be able to make any year model look good. Hard to beat a 69 though.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 13, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
David

Well thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I've actually located quite a few within 6 hrs of me. I'm in route to Missouri on Thursday to look at a decent 69. Most likely come back with it. I've opted for a base code car that's already been modified because I know I won't be able to leave it alone. I was going to go full scale pro tour but have decided to go with more of a Z28 theme set up for big tracks. I still have a lot to learn about road racing. I've always been more a 1/4 mile guy but that got boring. Seems a track best suite for me will be Heartland in Topeka. Keeping stock sub but setting up for 9.5s and 10s with UCAs/IROC box/GW coils and double adj shocks up front, leaf spring/watts link/and my own minitub at the rear etc etc. Its a BBBc/400 turbo now but will be dropping a L92, LS3, LS2 stroker and a Spec 25 M22.

Funny you mention a 68. I like the interior of the 68 best but like the body lines of the 69. I'm going to put a 68 dash in the 69 because I like the gauge placement. I also like the hideaways but ran across several pics of Z28s and really like the look of the front end.....silver grill.

I'm sure I'll have a few questions if I can't find what I need with a search.

Great to be here!
David
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 13, 06:41 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
the BOSS&Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovebolter View Post

Funny you mention a 68. I like the interior of the 68 best but like the body lines of the 69. I'm going to put a 68 dash in the 69 because I like the gauge placement.

I hear you about the '67 and '68 gauges. There have been some hot rodded cars build using '67s that had '69 nose and doors. The door to quarter lines were blended using large flares.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode