FNG with a 68 Z - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 13, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Charlie

FNG with a 68 Z

Here I am again, a Camaro owner. Hadn't owned one for 7 years. In January I started thinking about getting another car. but I'll get to that in a moment. I've had a few first generation Camaros in the past. Each one was a learning experience. I've always told people I've "restored" Camaro's. Now that I've gotten back into the hobby and see what people are doing in the Build Projects section of this forum, I'm a little embarrassed. I have replace drive trains, brakes and suspensions are a snap, and I have cleaned up and replaced interiors. I don't do body work. I like assemble engines and transmissions. My favorite car was my 67 plain Camaro. It was Capri Cream with a standard black interior. My theme was building it with things that any 67 could have come with. It turned out very nice and I sold it to a Japanese collector. I didn't find the 69 Z that I had that much fun. I was always worried that if I changed something I would ruin the value. When I rebuilt the motor I realized the block was in sad shape. I would never re-use it normally. The next time it needs to come apart I think the block will be done. Too much to worry about. So now I have a non-numbers matching 68 Z. The current engine doesn't run, there is typical California Camaro rust and the paint is shot. Car sat in and out of doors for more than 10 years. In January I looked up an old friend that is a Camaro expert. He basically only deals with 67 Z-28s but he had this 68 that he recently acquired. My garage wasn't ready for a car that needs to be worked on so to get started, I sent the car to Hot Rod Ranch in Lompoc, CA. HRR is a group of young guys starting out as a custom car shop. Hot Rod Magazine did an article on them and they mention a particular Gold 67 Z that HHR is working on. I bought my car from the owner of the 67 Gold Z. I put in one recent picture with the paint removed on its way to primer. I'll post some pictures of the car in the Build Project section when I figure out how to resize some good pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	All Metal 1.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	33119  

68 Z-28 Silver No Stripes (Color Delete) 350
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/M21/12-bolt Non-#s Matching - Current Project
69 Z-28 Silver/Black Stripes Deluxe Houndstooth 302/M21/12-bolt #s Matching Survivor - Sold
67 Capri Creme 350/Th400/10-bolt - Sold
68 RS Red Deluxe Houndstooth 350/TH350/10-bolt - Sold
67 SS/RS Butternut Yellow 350/TH350/12-bolt - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 13, 08:58 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: FNG with a 68 Z

Welcome to team camaro!!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 13, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Charlie

Re: FNG with a 68 Z

Thanks glad to be here. This place is invaluable! Super helpful and following the Build Projects is now an addiction.

68 Z-28 Silver No Stripes (Color Delete) 350
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/M21/12-bolt Non-#s Matching - Current Project
69 Z-28 Silver/Black Stripes Deluxe Houndstooth 302/M21/12-bolt #s Matching Survivor - Sold
67 Capri Creme 350/Th400/10-bolt - Sold
68 RS Red Deluxe Houndstooth 350/TH350/10-bolt - Sold
67 SS/RS Butternut Yellow 350/TH350/12-bolt - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode